What the heart wants

Taehyung loosened his tie and leaned down on his chair, showing he was completely tired after his that-day schedules. He called his assistant from the intercom.

“Bring me a cold coffee, and don’t disturb me after that.”

“Ok sir.”

“What about the night plan?"

“I have arranged for that, sir.”

“Good. You can leave.”

He swirled the chair, leaned more, and closed his eyes.

But not very soon did he hear a knock on his door. He lazily opened his eyes and said, Come in.

Jin hesitantly entered Taehyung's office. Only he saw a little portion of the upper part of Taehyung’s head, which was showing his back to him.
He stopped in near the table. Taehyung didn’t turn back, so it became awkward for Jin to call him. Suddenly, the idea of leaving the place silently came to his mind, but his legs were not moving. He decided to call him after taking a moment of preparation.

“Tae-Taehyung hyung.”
Jin scolded himself in his mind for stuttering.

Within a second, Taehyung turned around his chair, hearing the voice. A little shock was evident in his face, which later changed into a smile. Jin smiled in return when he saw Taehyung’s boxy smile.

“What brings you here?” Taehyung asked curiously, standing from his seat and walking to where Jin was standing.

“I-, one minute.” Jin paused and put his hands inside his bag.

“I came to know that you like coffee, so I bought one for you.” Jin said showing the coffee cup to Taehyung.

“Are you giving this to pay off something?” Taehyung asked, taking the coffee from Jin, still with a smile. Jin hesitated for a sec before he spoke.

"I am sorry." Jin paused and looked into Taehyung’s eyes.

"I am sorry for my behavior towards you yesterday. I just said things without thinking much. I am really sorry if my words really affect you.” Jin said it sincerely.

Taehyung didn't say anything. He broke into a laugh after that.

“You don’t have to be worried this much. I have already forgotten that.”
This made Jin smile.

“Thank you.”

“Its fine. So……?”

“So?” Jin asked confusedly.

“Friends?” Taehyung asked, extending his hands.

“Friends.” Jin said, happily accepting the hand.

“Shall we go out tonight?” Taehyung asked, suddenly leaving Jin speechless, still holding Jin's hand.

“Only if you don’t have any other plans.” Teahyung clarified.

"I am sorry, but there is no possibility of me having a night plan because your friend, who was an ace in academics, will not let me skip my study hours for the test that I have been conducting in my college.”

*

Jin can hear his brother talking with someone when he opens the gate and enters. He was casually walking towards opening the door until he saw the footwear of the person who was inside with his brother. He then quickly ran and opened the door.

“Mrs.Jung” Jin called happily when he opened the door.

A lady in her forties sitting on the couch with her brother suddenly turned to look in the direction when she recognized the voice.

Jin quickly walked and jumped into a hug with the lady.

“My baby has grown big.” Mrs.Jung said, hugging Jin tightly, who was clunching to her and putting all his weight against her.

“I really missed you." Jin said when they released the hug and took a seat on the couch.

“I missed you both too. Sorry, I have been busy with my work. And belated birthday wishes." She said and took a small gift from her bag.

Jin's eyes sparkled with joy when he saw the gift. He quickly opened it and gasped.

“Did you really buy me the newest Mario Kart doll?” Jin asked in pure joy.

Mrs.Jung just nodded with a contented smile.

“Thank you so much. I really loved this. You are the best."

"Hyung, look, it's so fluffy.” Jin sais, squeezing the doll.

“Look at you being all happy just by receiving a toy and still getting annoyed when I baby you.”

"I'm still not a baby'; just don’t get over the craze from Mario Kart.”

Then he turned to Mrs.Jung.

“Don’t go anywhere. I will go and come back after taking a quick shower. I have to talk about a lot of things with you."

Jin then quickly made his way upstairs after Mrs. Jung promised him to stay.

“But he is still our little Jinnie Namjoon.” She said she was turning toward Namjoon.

“Yes.”

“How are his studies going? I am sure you have drawn a line for his academic practices.”

“I have been trying a lot to help him study. I am sure one day he will improve well.”

“Namjoonah, don’t be hard on him. Just let him be whatever he wants. Don’t force him to study more.”

“Mrs. Jung, all I want is to see him live a successful life. I will never force anything on him. I know he will surely make me proud one day.”

*

“We are really lucky that the police officer didn’t notice triples on a bike.”

“But I am sure the CCTV has enough footage."

“I will never worry about those things."

Taejoonkook buddy was busy talking when they entered Namjoon's house, But

“sssshhh!” Namjoon sushed them and pointed to something. Taehyung and Jungkook confusedly looked at where NJ was pointing, only to see Jin fall asleep, putting his head on the small study table, sitting on the floor with his books around. Namjoon slowly signaled them to move upstairs. Jungkook can't take his eyes off adorable Jin, whose cheeks are squeezed to one side with a little pout.

*

"I am leaving. Yoongi messaged that he was on the way to pick me up on my bike.”

“What about his bike?"

“It's given for servicing. I gave him mine for his night work."

When Jungkook came down, Jin was already awake and looking at a paper with a gloomy face. He doesn’t know why, but he wanted to wipe away whatever was bothering Jin. His leg moved towards where Jin was.

“Did something happen?" he asked softly, taking a seat near Jin.

Jin slowly looked from the paper to Jungkook.

“I have got a D on the test, Kookie Hyung." He said with a sad face and showed the paper to Jungkook.
Jungkook softly smiled before he spoke.

"It's ok, Jinnie; you can score well next time.”

"No, Kookie hyung. I can't score above this no matter how far I study. I am very bad at studying." Jin's eyes began to tear up.

“I can't make my hyung proud of me.” Jin said it in a low tone, slowly lowering his head. And then the first drop of tears flowed from his eyes.

“He has never scored a grade less than ‘A’ in his subjects. I am really a bad brother for him."

"No, Jinnie, he will never think like that."

Jungkook slowly lifted Jin's face, which was now red from crying. He wiped away those tears and placed his hand on Jin’s cheek.

“You are enough.” Jungkook said, looking at those adorable eyes.

“What about you, Kookie Hyung?"

Jungkook was confused after hearing that.

“Am I not enough for you?"

"Jin, You-"

“I know what you are going to say. I may be young and immature, but please don’t doubt my love for you; it’s the only thing I'm sure of. I am sure about my feelings for you. I know it's love; when I saw you, my heart began to race and my skin got goosebumps. I know you never look at me the way I do. You can take your time, but can't you just let me love you? I will prove to you that I am worth falling for."

Jungkook doesn’t know what to say or what he is feeling inside now. Not every feeling has a name. And he is feeling so much of it. They looked into each other's eyes, where Jin was looking for hope and Jungkook was looking for a reason.

Jungkook's hand was still on Jin's cheeks, and he softly caressed it. Jin felt goosebumps from the little action. They were so immersed in each other that they didn’t even blink. Jin moved his face a little, showing the asteroids and galaxies in his eyes to Jungkook, who was lost in it. He knows what Jin is going to do; he wanted to move his face back, but his heart says otherwise. Jin slowly closed his eyes when their lips were only an inch apart. But

“Jungkook”

Jungkook quickly pulled himself back from Jin, and Jin opened his eyes in shock upon hearing that loud call.

Yoongi silently stood there looking at Jinkook.

“I have to go back; come quick.” With that, Yoongi leaves.

Jungkook stood quickly And

“I have to go, Jin. Good night.”

He said without looking at Jin, and he moved away from there.

Jin silently watched Jungkook leaving with a heavy heart.

Taehyung slowly made his way back into Namjoon’s room after witnessing everything.

*

“Don’t give hope to that kid."

Yoongi's said when they reached their apartment. Jungkook silently hopped down from the bike.

“As a brother, I want to advise you on this. Don’t mess with his life. You know what is going on in your life, and I don’t want you to regret anything."

“Is it wrong if I let my heart do what it wants?” Jungkook asked.

“He is just messing around, Jungkook. It's normal for him to have crushes at his age. I don’t think you should take that seriously. Try to understand my words and take mature decisions.”