The news

Jin was pouring coffee into the mug, lost in the thoughts of what had happened a few minutes before. He still can't believe that Jungkook is their new neighbor now. He was not ready to face the man who gave him so many sweet and bitter memories. But one thing is sure: He is going to struggle to when he faces him again.

“”Yaaah….”

Jin was jolted from his thoughts when Jimin suddenly screamed at him.

“Why are you wasting the coffee?"

And then only Jin realized that he had been overfilling the coffee mug. He quickly started to clean up the mess.

Jimin came and took the coffee that Jin had overfilled and began to drink it.

“Why are you daydreaming this morning?"

The question cuased Jin to stop his actions, and he quickly moved to Jimin.

“Do you know who was our new neighbor?" Jin asked, not getting over the news.

“Some rich a** man, I think. If not, who bought this apartment by paying the double amount? Does he really don’t get any place to live?"

Jimin expressed his opinion and continued to drink his coffee, not showing any interest in knowing the neighbor's identity.

"It's Kookie Hyung!" Jin stated with a firm press on the name.

Jimin instantly spit out the coffee upon hearing the name. Jin closed his eyes when some drops reached his face.

“JUNGKOOK HYUNG?” Jimin asked, screaming.

Jin nodded aggressively after wiping away the coffee drops from his face.

“What is he doing here?”

“I don’t know. I came across him when I came back from the store earlier. He was the one who approached me and initiated a conversation.”

“What did you guys talk about?”

“We didn’t talk much. He told me he came here for some work. And we didn’t talk much because his shifting job is still in progress. So he told me to catch up later.”

“What is there to catch up with a married person?”

Jimin said it out of anger but instantly regretted it when he noticed the change in Jin's face.

“Jinnie”

Jimin softly called his friend, who came out of his haunting memories that the person gave to him.

"I am fine, Jimin. He came to take care of his things, and I don’t have anything to deal with him, right? I have my own life to take care of.” Jin said, quickly holding back the tears.

*

Yoongi shrank his eyes, which are closed when he can't see the person in his dream clearly. And after some try, he got who it was. His eyes expanded in shock, and he shouted from his lungs out.

“JUNGKOOK…….”

Jungkook slowly turned back with teary eyes from where he stood. Yoongi gulped in fear when he noticed that Jungkook was an inch away from jumping down from the terrace.

“Come down.” Yoongi yelled.

“Hyung” Jungkook called with a shivering voice.

Yoongi's heart was beating fast as he took every step towards Jungkook.

"Jungkook, please come down. We will talk about everything later.” Yoongi said, desperately wanting Jungkook to not take any unwanted decisions.

As tears began to flow from Jungkook’s eyes, making his face red from crying, he silently gazed at his brother, who was slowly approaching him.

“Why didn’t you tell me?"

Yoongi abruptly stopped in the middle when he heard Jungkook’s question.

“Why didn’t you tell me everything earlier? If you had told me, things would have never reached this far.” He said it with an aching heart.

Yoongi fell silent and felt guilty for his brother. He doesn’t want to spoil his brother’s future. He wants him to live a happy life. He has done everything this far only for Jungkook. But he doesn’t know that Jungkook will make this kind of decision one day. He stood there helpless, watching Jungkook stand on the edge with a heavy heart.

“Why? Why did you do this to me?” Jungkook asked again, fully turning towards Yoongi.

“Jungkook. Please listen to me. I have always wished a happy life for you."

“But I don’t want a life like this.”

Yoongi’s heart skipped a beat when he heard that.

“Jungkook… please…no…” Yoongi desperately begged.

But Jungkook slowly shook his head.

"I am sorry, Hyung."

The moment Jungkook disappeared in front of him, Yoongi let out a heartfelt scream.

“JUNGKOOK!"

He jumped up from his bed and panted heavily while sitting there. He let out a sigh of relief when the realization hit him. He sweated a lot. It took some time for him to breathe normally, and he stood from there.

And the first thing he did after getting out of bed was call Jungkook. The number didn’t exist. He got puzzled and tried again, but got the same result. He then quickly drew another number and waited for the person to pick it up. After several rings, the call was accepted, and he heard a gloomy hello from the other side. But he doesn’t check on that and instead asks about Jungkook.

“Is Jungkook there?” He asked, but the person on the other side remained silent for a few seconds before responding.

“He left."

“WHAT?” Yoongi asked, not believing what he had just heard.

“I have been trying to contact him for the past few weeks, and he isn't responding. When his number didn’t exist, I checked his house and saw it was empty without his things.” It is clear that the person was really upset about the matter.

“Where?”

“I don’t know.” The voice began to shake.

"Lisa,” Yoongi called as he started to hear the sobs.

“He should have just informed anyone. I didn’t expect him to disappear one day.” She said.

“I will bring him back from wherever he has gone.” Yoongi said it in a determined voice.

“For what?"

Lisa asked hopelessly, making Yoongi find it hard to answer.

As Jin walked towards the lift, he suddenly stopped seeing Jungkook coming from the other side. He quickly turned around and hid behind the nearby pillar. Since Jungkook's gaze was fixed on his phone, he didn’t notice Jin's presence.

Jin slowly peeked after some seconds and was relieved when Jungkook left the place. He still remembers how he and Jimin struggled to not be caught in front of Jungkook this morning. He is not afraid of meeting Jungkook; he doesn’t want him to trigger his feelings again. So he decided it would be better if they had fewer encounters. He then slowly made his way to the lift, But

"Jin"

The call made him freeze where he was. He shut his eyes intrusively before opening them and slowly turning to look at the person behind him. With a smile, Jungkook approached him.

“Going upstairs?” Jungkook asked as he stood near him.

Jin nodded his head in response.

"Come, I'm also going upstairs.” Jungkook said that and opened the lift.

Jin, without making his hesitation obvious, entered the lift after Jungkook.

Every second he stood there alone with Jungkook felt like an hour for him. He held the strap of his bag tightly to control his emotions. He just wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

“So, where is Jimin?” Jungkook asked, breaking the awkward silence that filled the atmosphere.

“H-He has a d-date."

Jin face-palmed himself in his mind for stuttering suddenly.

Jungkook nodded and was about to continue his talk when the lift opened to their particular floor, and Jin immediately got out of the lift.

“Good night, Kookie Hyung.” He said it quickly without looking at Jungkook and walked faster.

“Are you ignoring me?” Jungkook asked, coming in front of Jin and blocking him.

Jin was caught off guard and found it hard to answer.

“I have waited for you two this morning, only for you to escape from my view."

"It's not like that. We ran out of time this morning. We didn’t notice you.” Jin lied.

Jungkook looked at Jin for a moment before he spoke.

"Ok, I got it."

Jin was relieved after making Jungkook believe him.

“Then would you like to have a coffee at my place?"

Jin gulped, not seeing this coming. A part of him is happy that Jungkook was asking, but a part of him is not letting him be close with Jungkook again, afraid of betrayals.

“I have things to do. I have to make dinner and do the other chore.”

Jin said, trying to make Jungkook understand. But from Jungkook’s silence and gaze, Jin understood that Jungkook knew he was lying.

He sighed and looked into Jungkook’s eyes.

“I think it's better if we finish our conversations outside. I don’t think it's appropriate for me to be in your house at this hour. I believe you got what I meant, Kookie Hyung.”

Jin said and turned around to walk away, But

"I am not married.” Jungkook shouted suddenly.

Jin finds it hard to take steps after hearing the information and how you reacted to it. But before he could do anything, Jungkook came in front of him and pulled him closer by his waist. Jin forgot to breathe for a sec, and his eyes went wide at the unexpected action of Jungkook.

“If that’s bothering you, if that’s the thing that's stopping you from being close with me, then know that I am not married." Jungkook said, making Jin breathe heavily suddenly in the hold.

“Don’t try to run away from me.” In a very soft voice, Jungkook spoke, looking into those big alpaca eyes.

“What is he up to?”