☆Chapter Fifty Six☆

Haerin and Ni-ki walked into the restaurant holding hands as they walked up to the desk. A female waiter came up to them. "Um -" The female started. She looked like she was about their age. "Miss Kim, your mother's waiting for you upstairs. May I take you there."

"Yes, thank you." Haerin smiled politely at the girl. The girl started to walk, and the two followed behind her they walked up the glass stair case to the top floor of the restaurant, which was the fourth. It was a secluded area. If it wasn't for the fancy glassware chandeliers and the light's being on, Haerin would've thought the area was completely abandoned.

The lady who they were following opened a door. The room had a large dining table where Haerin's mother and older sister said, "Thank you." Haerin told the girl. The waitress flashed a little smile before exiting the room and closing the door quietly behind herself.

Haerin looked at her two family members seated at the table. Her mother was in her mid forties almost fifties but still looked very youthful, with no wrinkles present on her face and hair, jet black and neatly cut hair just past her shoulders. Haeyun, Haerin's older sister, had cold facial features with loosely curled platinum blonde hair and a pair of black spectacles with a thin frame.

Ni-ki bowed at the two ladies sitting at the table. "Hello, my name is Nishimura Riki." He greeted them.

"I suppose this is your boyfriend?" Haerin's mother, Mrs. Kim turned to Haerin.

"Mhm." Haerin nodded.

"Well, take a seat, you two." Mrs. Kim told them as she pointed at two seats at the opposite side of the table from where she sat. The two quickly shuffled quietly to the seats pointed at by Mrs. Kim.

Haeyun observed the young couple. From the way they sat to their facial expressions. "Why do you two look so scared?" Haeyun snickered.

"We don't bite." Mrs. Kim added on with a laugh. "You're not scared of your own mother, are you."

"No, I'm not." Haerin said, flashing a little grin.

Haeyun turned to Ni-ki. "Your boyfriend doesn't seem so convinced. He looks like he's about to shit himself." She snickered.

"Haeyun, shut up. You're scaring the poor boy." Mrs. Kim scolded her eldest daughter, slapping her on the arm.

"What did I say!?" Haeyun put both her hands up in defence. Mrs. Kim just side eyed her daughter before turning back to the couple.

"We'll talk later, okay?" She smiled at them. "Let's order something."

.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.

They went through all three main courses, and now it was time for the talking that Mrs. Kim was talking about earlier. "Let's star,  shall we." Mrs. Kim smiled toothily. "So how old are you?"

"Sixteen." He answered.

"Height?"

"183cm."

"Siblings?"

"Two sisters."

"What's her favourite thing about my daughter?"

"Her voice."

"Where'd you meet her."

"At the company at a trainee evaluation, but we met properly when she joined the group."

"Do you plan to marry my daughter?"

"Mum!" Haerin whined as she slapped her forehead.

"What!?" Mrs. Kim shrugged. "It's just a question?"

Ni-ki was a bit taken aback by Haerin's mothers question, but still he answered. "I do, actually." He told her as he took Haerin's hand under the table. "I've liked Haerin for a very long time. So it would be a dream come true to marry my dream girl. If we do end up getting married, I promise to stay by Haerin's side no matter what and take good care of her."

"Okay." Mrs. Kim nodded intently. "Thank you."

"Ooh." Haeyun whispered, but it was very loud and clear so that everyone could hear. "He seems like a keeper." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Haeyun!" Haerin complained.

"What!?" Haeyun shrugged. "I'm just saying my thoughts, you know." She grinned. "So when shall we start planning the wedding?" Haeyun turned to her mother.

"Hmm, maybe in the next week even tomorrow." Mrs. Kim turned to Haeyun.

"I'm sorry about them." Haerin sighed. "They just like to plan ahead to the future."

"What's wrong with that?" He laughed.

"But do you really mean all that you said?" Haerin looked at him in the eyes.

"Yes, I do mean everything I said." He answered.

"Promise." Haerin held out her pinky finger.

"I promise." He smiled as he held out his pinky finger and interlocked it with hers. Haerin smiled back at him with a toothy grin.

"Ugh, look at those two!" Haeyun complained. "When will I get a boyfriend!" She cried dramatically.