☆Chapter Sixty One☆

"Heesung?" Haerin called out as she walked into his room. His door was left wide open.

"Hey, how did that meeting at the company go?" Heesung asked, sitting on his bed as he put his phone down and took his airpods out. "A-are you crying?" He questioned as he looked closer at the girl.

"Of course not. I just poured a bucket of water over my eyes." Haerin said sarcastically, tears still falling from her face as she closed the door behind herself. "What do you think?"

"Come here." He scooted over and patted a space on the bed for her. Haerin sat down cross-legged on the bed, playing with the sleeve of her cream coloured cardigan. Just thinking about the outcome of the meeting made her cry even more.

Soft sobs were heard as Haerin held her head in her hands. Heesung pulled Haerin into a hug, rubbing her back in a circular motion. "What happened?" Heesung asked once he noticed the faint cries slowly stob, and her breathing started to become slower.

"I'm going on hiatus." Haerin responded as she broke away from the hug, wiping the remaining tears staining her light coloured sleeves. "They said they'll remove me from the group if the situation doesn't die down or there's no conclusion." More tears started to swell in her eyes. "I don't want to leave, even if it is just for a hiatus, and I can't even do anything while I watch my name being bashed around the Internet." She cried.

"Shh, it's okay." Heesung pulled her close again, resting her head on his chest. He held her in his embrace, rocking her back and forth patting her head.

"It's not okay." Haerin sobbed. "Look at what happened to Soojin. She eventually got kicked out of her company. How can I think positively when I know how this story ends."

"You don't know the future, so don't stress about it." He told her. "Either way, we won't let you get kicked out. We'll make sure we will fight for you to stay, even if you have to go for a bit you'll come back, okay? " Heesung said.

"Mhm." Haerin nodded as she wiped her tears from her face with her sleeves once again.

"Everything's going to be okay." Heesung reassured her. "Don't worry about it."

The two sat there for a while. Around a good thirty minutes. Haerins sobs had became lighter, and her breathing slowed down. She wiped her tears for the final time before she composed herself. "I have to go pack."

"Do you want help?" Heesung offered as he removed his arms from around her.

"No thanks." Haerin shook her head as she scooted off the bed. "And by the way, thank you." She said with a faint smile.

"No problem." He smiled back. Haerin went went to go open the door, and the minute she pulled the door handle down, it swung open and around five bodies toppled to the floor on top of each other.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" Haerin asked as she looked at the five piled on top of each other on the floor.

"They were eavesdropping." Jungwon told her as he leaned on the wall behind them.

"Please tell me what I heard wasn't true?" Jake said from the bottom of the human stack.

Haerin sighed as she put her hands into her pockets, stepping over the pile she said. "It is true, unfortunately."

"But you never did anything, though!?" Sunoo shrieked from the top of the pile.

"Life is unfair, I guess." She shrugged as she went into her room.

.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.

"Are you almost done packing?" Ni-ki asked in a flat tone as he leaned in the doorway hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, I just got done now." Haerin said as she closed her suitcase.

"Why did you pack everything?" He asked as he sat next to her on the floor. "You're going to be back, right?"

"Hm, I didn't pack everything." Haerin told him as she got up and went over to the desk. She came back and kneeled in front of him. "Here." She put a necklace around his neck. It was a thin silver chain with a heart-shaped locket dangling from it. "Hold onto it for me, and I'll make sure to come back for it, okay?"

"I will." Ni-ki agreed. "Make sure you come back for it."

"Don't worry, I will." Haerin smiled, but she never knew whether she was coming back or not.

"Haerin, your sisters here!" Jay shouted from the door.

"Do you have to go so soon?" He complained as he frowned.

"I don't have a choice, Riki." She frowned as well. Tears started brim her eyes, but she held them back as she bit her lip. She hugged him, throwing her hands over his shoulder and putting her chin on his shoulders.

"I'm gonna miss you." Ni-ki's mumbled into her shoulder, taking in her scent one last time.

"I'm gonna miss you too." Haerin managed to choke out as she hugged him tight, not wanting to let go, but she had too. She broke the hug and got up from the floor.

"I'll see you soon, alright." She said.

"Mhm." Ni-ki nodded as he got up from the floor. "I'll see you soon. Yeah."

Haerin placed a peck on his lips before waving at him one last time before walking out. "Aye, you better take care of yourself." Jay said as he pinched her cheek.

"Don't worry, I will." Haerin gave him a cheesy grin.

"Who am I going to spill tea to now?" Sunoo complained.

"Spill it to Sunghoon. I'm sure he'll enjoy whatever you have to say."

"Uh-uh, I don't wanna hear any of that rubbish you lot talk about. " Sunghoon folded his arms in disagreement.

"Awh, come on, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Plus, the gossip is very juicy." Haerin snickered.

"Yeah, yeah." Sunghoon rolled his eyes, arms still folded.

"So who am I going to show Laylas pictures to?" Jake whined as he frew himself onto Haerin.

"Show them to Sunghoon." Haerin told him.

"Girl, I am not your replacement -" Sunghoon protested, but Haerin put her finger over his lips to silence him.

Jungwon came up behind her and tapped her shoulder. "I guess I'll miss your annoying presence every day." Jungwon mumbled.

"Awh, I'll miss your presence as well as annoying you too." Haerin grinned.

Heesung was the last member to say goodbye to. Haerin was going to go look for him, but he was already there. "Stay positive, alright." Heesung said as he held out his pinky finger.

"I will don't worry." Haerin smiled, connecting their fingers. "I really have to go now, but I'll see you guys soon, okay?"

"Bye!" The boys all shouted as Haerin closed the door. But the second the door closed the absence of their maknae felll quicker then they thought leaving an heavy feeling in the dorms atmosphere. When Haerin closed the door, a smile was on her face, but that smile she held on her face was wiped away with the pure feeling of sadness.