chapter eleven

| ELEVEN |
FANGBANGER

          Days passed after she told Eric and not much had changed. She was stowed away in Fangtasia until the serial killer in Bon Temps was captured. She was currently at the bar while Eric was in his office. She was curious about alcohol so she decided to try it.

           She gagged once she took a sip of the drink, "That's awful."

     "Maybe stick to water, little girl," Longshadow chuckled before his eyes glanced to her neck. "It makes the blood have a cleaner taste."

        She swallowed at his look, "Uhh, maybe I will."

       He nodded and went to make her a glass before she looked into the crowd. She glanced at the hallway that led to the office that Eric was in; he was interrogating his accountant who reported something wrong with the numbers.

       Eric told her to stay out here but she felt very uncomfortable with the gaze of every vampire. They all looked at her the same way that Longshadow did. She wasn't scared because no one would dare touch the human that belonged to Eric Northman but it made her uneasy and she longed for his familiar presence that she could escape into and bury herself under with the warmth that he only showed her.

            But as she looked through the crowd, she caught on to a face she recognized. She immediately went over to him as she stared at him worriedly, "Jason, what are you doing here?"

        Despite how they parted ways last time they met, she still cared about his wellbeing. And he looked awful. He was sweating profusely and he looked out of his mind.

        "Oh, hey, Eira," he smiled nervously. "I'm just here for...actually, can I talk to you?"

          She nodded slowly and he smiled, "Great. But like...outside."

           She rolled her eyes but nevertheless followed him outside of Fangtasia. She crossed her arms once they stood alone a little ways from the entrance in the shadowed alley. She felt okay though because Pam was at entrance carding people and she knew the beautiful vampire was probably listening in.

           "What do you want, Jason?" Eira asked.

           "Look, you have like a vampire watching over you," Jason stated. "Do you think you could get me some V?"

           "What?" Eira stared at him in bewilderment. "I thought you would apologize for how you acted last time and instead you have the audacity to ask me for something. And are you insane? V? Really, Jason?"

             "I am sorry but I really, really need some V. Please," Jason pleaded. "You're like this vampire's whore, right? It shouldn't be too hard."

        Her jaw dropped as her eyes stung and Jason realized what he said, "Wait. Shit. I didn't mean that."

            "Yes, you did. It's what everyone thinks. I'm just a vampire whore," she said before she glared at him. "I guess that makes you a bigger whore for trying to kiss me."

             "Eira, come on..."

            She walked away from him, "Go to Hell, Jason."