ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

What's The Matter?

"Have you heard of L/n lately? Some random guy cornered me a while ago and was looking for her. The guy's hot but extremely intimidating," the female student complained. Her friend then bonked her head as she scolded her, saying with an annoyed expression, "Stupid! You just talked to the Haitani Rindou!". The first female student was now confused as ever as to what was so significant about this aggressive guy.

Another female student came into play. Her brown hair casually got blown by the breeze as she walked down the hallway towards the classroom door where the two were on standby. "L/n's not here...just like usual. Why care about what she's doing?" she said with an eyebrow raised, sounding cocky as hell in her tone.

The two students standing by the door were stunned to speak and just awkwardly laughed it off, slowly evading her.

Her name was Shiba Yuzuha. She belonged to the same section as L/n Y/n, the protagonist of this story. Why did the two students leave her alone just now? Well, the girl wasn't a gracious and polite student fitting for a typical high school student. At a young age, she was taught by herself to be tough all the time, hiding away her weakness from the rest. So, Yuzuha always had this cunning behavior.

"That's right. Leave Y/n be. She doesn't mingle with a nobody." Yuzuha said under her breath, clicking her tongue right after. She then walked toward her desk and dropped her bag to the side as she stared outside the protected window, standing behind her chair. 'Haitani, huh. Him again. Did Y/n piss him off or something?'

The classroom door opened once more, however, the students inside didn't turn their attention to the noise of the sliding door. It wasn't their homeroom teacher but was a well-known male student for his intelligence and admirable skills; a jack-of-all-trades. "Hey, Yuzuha." the male student said, placing his big palm on top of her shoulder. She had no choice but to shift her gaze to him.

"Oh, Kokonoi. What brings you here? You rarely talk to me." Yuzuha already placed her suspicions on him the moment she laid her eyes onto his strange expression.

The boy, apparently named Kokonoi, released a sigh before replying to her suspicions. Speaking in an irritated tone, Kokonoi said, "Your friend's gone berserk. I found her covered in cuts and bruises, napping outside the gym."

Without wasting a millisecond, Yuzuha bolted outside the classroom and headed straight to the gym which was three floors down. The gym had its own separate building from the main area where the classrooms are, so going there was quite an exercise for the female student.

Out of breath, she placed her hands by her knees as she stood at the gym entrance. She indeed saw her friend lying on the ground with half of her body leaning on the short staircase going to the entrance door while the other half was touching the spiky grass.

As Yuzuha inhaled one last huge breath of nature's wind, she let herself lie down right next to her. Now in the same position as her, her right arm reached for the sky, speaking to herself, "I can see you like having your own kind of freedom, Y/n."

Her right arm then fell out of energy and hit Y/n's sleeping hand. Yuzuha glued her eyes to the sleeping beauty's face, turning her head to the side, and said, "You cannot be serious right now."

"What is?" Y/n suddenly spoke as she still looked like she was sleeping, her eyes were closed shut. Yuzuha chuckled a bit from her silliness. She then answered, "Someone named Haitani Rindou is searching for you and you're out here beaten up to a pulp. Did he do this to you?"

"Of course not," Y/n replied as she sounded like a happy child while still acting asleep during the conversation. "Rinnie's a good...friend." she said before releasing patterns of snores as she dozed off.