ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

The Future that Withholds Intimacy

"After everything we've been through together, I am certain that I am destined to be with you, Isabel. It is you that only my heart can take. No other woman can ever truly satisfy the content of my rhythmic heart. It only resonates with yours. Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes, Joshua! I love you!" Love is indeed in the air as Joshua slides the ring perfectly fit for Isabel's finger. Joshua gets up and softly kisses Isabel's lips. Then, the camera gradually pans upward while the screen fades to black as they share their happily ever after.

Suddenly, the volume on the television lowers down. I don't have the remote on my hand nor is it near me. I then hear a familiar voice coming closer to me as she said, "How many times have you rewatched this movie, dear? And how many times have you wept because of this exact scene?"

I reply, getting off the couch, "For as many times as you can think of. They're going to get married soon!" My face fills with joy and excitement as I imagine that scenario playing in real life. "But-"

I abruptly pause her, saying, "Don't crush my dreams by saying 'They won't make a sequel just for a wedding scene.' You're stabbing my heart if you do so!"

My manager sighs with her hands resting on her hips. "Hear me out, my beloved Y/n. If you want to get married so badly, why not think of having a boyfriend first? You're already 25 years old. I think it's about time you set your heart out to a man who can and will love you like those in the movies."

Love isn't that easy. After all these years, there is a particular reason as to why I haven't thought of falling for someone. I cross my arms while slightly leaning on the painted wall. Avoiding eye contact, I say, "Time will come. Anyways, Mari, what's my schedule for today? Is it jam-packed again?"

She squints her eyes at me, speaking in a quieter voice, "So you choose to change the topic, I see." before turning back to her professional state as my responsible manager. "You have a photoshoot with Kurokawa at three in the afternoon. It's for one of the brands that contacted you a week ago."

"Kurokawa? Ah, you mean Izana." I clarify to myself. "Alright. If you need me, I'll be in my study room."

As I am about to leave and head to my direction, my manager stops my tracks, saying, "You call it a 'study room' but I think 'manga room' is more appropriate. Don't you think? Or you mean you're studying the behavior of main characters by reading hundreds of shoujo manga to help you with your acting?"

I turn around and force a smile at her. "You know me so well, Mari. Now, I will be occupied for a while, okay? Don't miss me too much and barge into my own space at a random time." My manager just laughs at me for not being able to get mad at her. Well, I also don't know why. Maybe because I consider her as a genuine friend.

It has been years since high school passed by like a hurricane. It is definitely the best and worst year of my life. The ultimate reason is because I messed up big time, letting my feelings linger on uncertain things.

After graduation day, I bid my good friends a farewell, especially to Yuzuha since I can't see a near future of us meeting yet. As for Seishu, he made sure to keep in touch as much as he can to keep me company.

Well, now that I mentioned it, how long has it been since the last time I met him? A year or two? No, I think it's more than what I think it is. Anyhow, I still have a good feeling that I'll get to see him very soon.

A knock comes to my door which I subconsciously check my wristwatch to realize how fast time flew by. I casually walk towards the door and open it to see my manager. With a lit cigarette resting on the side of her mouth, Mari apprises me, "Time's up. Izana is here to chat with you on the way to the location of the photoshoot."