ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx

Who am I to You?

Morning woke me up as the bright rays flashed my dozing eyes. Sluggishly rising from the bed, I have easily forgotten that he's sleeping here too. "Haitani, wake up, It's 7 AM already." I said, tapping his shoulder lightly. "When do you plan on leaving?"

I then hear him squirming around, regaining his consciousness. "Just... five more minutes, Ran-nii" He uttered with a raspy voice. The audacity. Did he forget as well? I just let him be, thinking it would be a waste of time pestering him.

I opened my wardrobe and searched for a comfortable outfit to wear for the day. I glanced at him and seemed like he was still heavily sleeping in his dreams. When will he wake up? As if he owns the place. It was about time to head outside, so I took this opportunity to change my clothes here. Fortunately, he hadn't still woken up once I was done changing.

Then, I heard Takeomi's voice approaching my bedroom. Remembering about Haitani's proposed idea yesterday, I quickly jumped back in bed and stayed beside him. I was so determined in witnessing his crazed expression.

"Haitani, wake up." I whispered as I held him by the cheeks with my face on top of his. "Takeomi's coming here. Don't forget about your silly idea."

He finally opened his eyes only to gaze at me. "Y/n...?"

"Y/n, where did you leave the-!" Takeomi was put to a pause as he saw the both of us. I was simply caressing Haitani's cheeks with both of my hands as he was sitting calmly on the bed right in front of me. It was a basic trick to make it seem like we kissed just now.

I then shifted my view to Takeomi's direction and said, "Oh, what were you saying, brother?" It was exactly how I vividly imagined it in my head. He went ballistic, shouting at me, "What the hell is going on here?! You're now becoming a- Tch."

Takeomi pointed at Haitani as he said, "You. Leave now. Remember whose household this is, Y/n." before the big brother left the scene to go on about other important matters that he needed to handle.

I spoke under my breath with a smug expression, "The Akashi household. Not yours only, that is."

Haitani released an uncontrollable laugh he was holding in. I, too, began to laugh along once I heard his quiet giggles. "I'm starting to see you as an actual friend, Haitani." I said after sharing a couple chuckles with him.

He replied, leaning his back on the stacked pillows, "I don't know if I should be happy learning about that or be sad because of your distrust at first."

I scoffed, "Well, how could I not? You had a very different presence from the first time we met compared to now. You're being silly and so unserious like a child."

"That's because we were enemies back then. We don't belong to the same team." Haitani tilted his head as he struck me a cunning gaze, displaying his playfulness. I rested my head next to his as I exhaled a breath. How did we end up being like this?

"Oh, Haitani..." I uttered without a thought inside my mind. He then sat up straight and looked at me directly, suggesting, "Will you stop calling me by my surname? I think it's about time you start calling me by my first name."

"Your first name?"

"Don't tell me you don't know. Y/n, we've been hanging out for like a month now!"

I remained silent, staring at the ceiling instead of his eyes. The Haitani plopped back down on the stacked pillows and said with an upset tone, "Rindou. You can just call me Rin."

"Hmm? Just like how your big brother calls you." I suddenly pointed out with a bright tone in my voice. He snapped at me, saying in a surprised expression, "So you do know my first name!"