22

After a few Christmas movies the group head out into the night after dinner to go see the Christmas lights throughout the town. Seated in the middle of the back seat Lena lays her head on Kara's shoulder as Eliza drives them around the town to gander at all the lights. "It's beautiful!" Lena whispered. "Yea, it is. It's another reason it's my favorite time of year." Kara replied. "You two are sickly cute! It's disgusting!" Maggie groaned. "This is payback for how you and Alex were when you two got together." Kara replied rolling her eyes.

Lena chuckled at the conversation as she leaned closer to Kara who now put an arm around the brunette. An hour or so later everyone was back at the house where they all headed off to their rooms for the night. After Kara shut her bedroom door they both peeled off their matching pajamas and slipped into something more comfortable for sleeping in the warm room. "Merry Christmas Lee. I love you." Kara whispered as she kissed her lips. "Merry Christmas Kara, I love you too." Lena replied as she snuggled up against Kara's chest tucking her head under her head.

Morning came early with Kara waking up to Lena peppering kisses on her face. "Not gonna lie...this is my favorite way to wake up." Kara said as she popped an eye open to see Lena smiling at her. "Good morning beautiful! It's Christmas!" Lena whispered. "Did we put the gifts down?" Kara asked. "Eliza came in earlier and brought them down. I woke up to her as she was leaving Alex and Maggies room." Lena replied.

A few minutes later they were back in their matching Christmas pajamas and seated at the table for breakfast which today consisted of stacks of pancakes and bowls of fruit filled bowls.