77

After getting Kara settled in to the town house she and Lena go to the bookstore to get their books they'll need for this semesters classes. "Do you know what's going on with Alex and Maggie?" Lena asked. "They had a fight...Alex said that they broke up and Maggie's moving into student housing this week." Kara replied. "Oh no...wonder what they fought about?" Lena asked as she put more books into the basket they were sharing. "Lee! That's a lot of books!" Kara exclaimed. "I know darling, but I need all them for this year's classes. And you have a lot of books too darling, so don't worry." Lena replied.

After a while they both had their books ready to be paid for. Kara was about to pull her new credit card out but was quickly stopped by Lena. "But Lee! Mom got this for me to use to buy books!" Kara groaned. "You can use it to buy something else. I'm gonna buy your books darling so no more arguing." Lena replied with a smile. "Ugh...fine..." Kara replied. The young woman behind the counter told Lena the total and she paid with her company card. "Thank you!" They said together as they left the bookstore. "Now let's put these in the car and we'll go find your classes." Lena replied. "Ok!" Kara exclaimed.

Hand in hand they explored the campus. Kara learned that most of her classes were near Lena's which made the blonde happy. "Do you eat in the cafeteria?" Kara asked. "Only for lunch. We usually make a quick breakfast before classes, then we meet up in the cafeteria. Don't worry I'll come meet you after your afternoon class so we can go together." Lena replied. Kara smiled as they continued walking around the campus. "And that's the library, and some more dormitory's there. And this is where my classes are, well most of them anyways. Are you ready to go home?" Lena asked. "Yea, thank for today Lee." Kara replied as they walked back to her car.

As they walked they passed lots of people who looked at them. "Welcome to Columbia!" One young woman exclaimed as she handed Kara a flyer. "Come join the sorority!" She added. "No thanks..." Kara replied. "You don't want to join our sorority? Join the sisterhood?" The young woman asked. "Not really. I'm not here to join sororities of any sort." Kara replied. "What about you?" She asked looking at Lena. "No thank you. Now if you'll excuse us we're going home." Lena replied. "Alright!" The young woman replied as she scurried off again. "That was odd." Kara stated as they got into the car. "Indeed it was. Come on darling. Let's go home and see how Alex and Maggie are doing...if she's still there." Lena replied.