⸸The obsession⸸

⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸

The obsession

The obsession with Slenderman is debatable in its origin. It is the main driving source of non-seer believers in researching and searching Slenderman. It's side effects on people's lives can be catastrophic, as they may unintentionally isolate themselves from normal society.

The obsession has very little existing research into it as many people do not notice it, or they underestimate it. What it might be is the primary stage of a process by which people become proxies, or it might (most likely) simply be a human's desperate need for truth and information.

The Obsession may fall to those who look deeply into His matters. They may find themselves drawn in to Him. Charmed or frightened, they draw themselves ever closely to their demise at His hand.

The Infection

--This is strictly about how people become "involved" in this. There are three basic ways that the infection seems to spread.

1.VLOGS OR BLOGS

The first and current primary source of infection occurs when someone discovers the videos or blog and through anxiety or paranoia or some immeasurable level of awareness attracts the attention of the entity. They then introduce others to it via blog or vlog, spreading the infection.

2.PSYCHIC SENSITIVITY

Some people are simply more aware of spiritual/supernatural activity in general. This causes the to stumble across a "proxy" or the Slenderman himself. Their awareness of the entity draws its attention. It proceeds to haunt them, causing them to act out in various ways which causes the spread of the infection as with the primary source of infection, the blogs and vlogs. This has been called a compulsion by others. Prior to the creation of the internet, general public opinion would have been to label such people insane, paranoid schizophrenics.

3. PRIMARY SOURCE (YOURSELF)

The rarest form of infection. Prior to the advent of the internet, this was a "patient 0" type scenario caused either by the individual's sensitivity to psychic phenomena or some unknown personal quality which attracted the attention of the creature. There are certain types which seem more prone to infection than others however. These are people who have psychic or creative ability, who are highly intelligent or inquisitive. Which is not to say that others are not also affected, but that these specific types possibly are more inclined to enter environments or have contact with items which have a higher possibility of carrying infection. Or again, some quality of their minds, as opposed to the minds of others, attracts the creature's attention, causing it to investigate and infect.

NOTE: Since the internet is already saturated with HIS "virus", instead of everyone getting infected, I believe that some are more immune than others. At the same time, HE already has a pool of infected to choose from so HE can now play for sport instead of "hunt".

Proxies will mess you up with cryptic messages but they won't kill you unless you go from their Observed list to Elimination list.

⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸⸸