⛧dreams and nightmares⛧

⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧

𓆩♱𓆪 A/N: Credits to XxDeath__HellxX for the idea of this chapter!

Dreams:  the experience of a series of images, sounds or other sensations, ideas, feelings and forms that possibly create a, usually otherworldly, "story" during sleep.

Nightmares:  a disturbing dream associated with negative feelings, such as anxiety or fear that awakens you.

Parasomnia is a type of sleep disorder that involves undesirable experiences that occur while you're falling asleep, during sleep or when you're waking up.

𓆩♱𓆪 I understand many of us have reccuring nightmares, especially after reading and researching all about terrifying entities and stories. Of course someone can get paranoid and think Slenderman is haunting you and your dreams, but that is not the case. 

Sleep terrors:  times of screaming or crying, intense fear, and sometimes waving arms and legs when not fully awake. Also known as night terrors, sleep terrors may lead to sleepwalking. Like sleepwalking, sleep terrors are a type of parasomnia. Parasomnias are disturbing or strange behaviors or experiences during sleep. A sleep terror usually lasts from seconds to a few minutes, but it may last longer.

Sleep paralysis:  a temporary loss of muscle control just after falling asleep or before waking up. Sleep paralysis frequently involves hallucinations or a feeling of suffocation. No one knows exactly what causes sleep paralysis, but it is linked to sleep disorders and certain mental health conditions. The person that wakes up has full awarness of their surroundings. To be in a state between sleep and wakefulness, these hallucinations generally coincide in an intense sense of presence around their body.

Hypnagogic hallucinations: hallucinations that happen as you're falling asleep. They're common and usually not a cause for concern. Up to 70% of people experience them at least once. A hallucination is a false perception of objects or events involving your senses: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste.

𓆩♱𓆪 So even if you're seeing anything scary, it is simply that and there is no reason to fear. (Now if you wake up with markings that is an entirely different thing.)

Now why do we dream of different entities like the Slenderman?

*By reading and gathering lots of information, your subconsious is making up any sort of senario regarding that. This is how our mind works.

*The most unlilkely reason is that you are actually being haunted. Many beings are known for invading their victim's nightmares and slowly driving them to insanity. 

(NOTE: I have been seeing Him in my dreams a lot more often, just standing in the side. If Slenderman is actually able to invade one's dreams, He possibly does that to gain information of the person's fears or life. Now on the other hand, there may be a soulbound between you and a being. Generally, when someone is talking about a soul tie, they are identifying an intense spiritual connection.)

𓆩♱𓆪 Again it is probably your paranoia. If you constanlty have nightmares, take a break from anything that may possibly scare you. Even if you enjoy horror and the paranormal perhaps it would be better to give yourself a break. <3

⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧