Cryptids/wendigo/skinwalkers

+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+

Cryptids are animals that cryptozoologists believe may exist somewhere in the wild, but are not recognized by science. Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience, which primarily looks at anecdotal stories, and other claims rejected by the scientific community. While biologists regularly identify new species following established scientific methodology, cryptozoologists focus on entities mentioned in the folklore record and rumor.Wendigo

The wendigo is a product of Algonquian folklore and is a beast that was feared by all. This terrifying creature was known to have its biggest impact during the winter months and was thought to be responsible for the manifestation of some of the darkest parts of the human spirit. It is winter, famine, gluttony, and cannibalism incarnate.

The wendigo is known for its insatiable greed and hunger for human flesh. The wendigo is often depicted as a demonic spirit that has power over winter storms and weather events. It is said that an angry wendigo can cause the sky to darken and extreme weather such as harsh winter winds, tornadoes, and blizzards.

The wendigo is often depicted as a supernatural creature that has the ability to bring famine and harsh winter storms to bear over land. These conditions give it ideal hunting grounds and plentiful victims – both to satisfy its hunger and need to share its twisted desires.

One of the most terrifying aspects of a wendigo is its inability to be satisfied. A wendigo is always hungry and can never be filled. It takes pleasure in the hunt for prey and the act of killing, but even after devouring the entirety of a human being its hunger is not quenched. A wendigo grows with every meal it eats in proportion to the mass it has devoured. Because of this, a wendigo can never be satisfied and will always hunger for more victims.

Origins of the Wendigo

The wendigo is a demon, but some wendigos can be created from humans who have been corrupted with greed and the hunger for human flesh. These victims are often transformed into wendigos themselves (often from the touch or possession of the beast) after they give in to their carnivorous desires. With every victim these new wendigos devour, they grow proportionately in size. It is said that wendigos have the ability to grow to a size that is unfathomable by the human mind and that the sight of a wendigo who has devoured many souls is enough to make the human heart freeze in terror.

Although a wendigo is able to exist in the physical world, it is actually a spirit form. Like many spirits, the wendigo has the ability to become invisible, fly, become undetectable, or possess humans.

The wendigo is extremely selective with those that it chooses to possess. Most often, the creature will only possess people who are starving, who are gluttonous, who have had a craving for human flesh before, or who are greedy and have tendencies to display their wealth openly. Anyone who becomes possessed with a wendigo spirit will become wendigos themselves and will continue to exist as a wendigo until the spirit is exorcised or they are killed. However, as wendigos have incredible strength and are able to move with extreme strength and power, it is highly unlikely that a wendigo could be killed.

Wendigo Psychosis

Wendigo psychosis is a term given to people who experience some sort of psychological break that causes them to crave human flesh even though they have access to other food supplies. After first tasting human flesh, victims of wendigo psychosis are unable to eat any food other than human flesh. They see themselves as an invincible man-eating monster that can't be satisfied by anything but human flesh.

This illness was thought to occur when a person had been exposed to the malevolent spirit of the wendigo and was feared more than death itself. In fact, it was considered to be better to kill oneself than to succumb to cannibalistic desires and risk becoming a wendigo.

Those who chose to seek treatment were often fed large quantities of hot fat and grease in the hopes that these proteins would satisfy the victim's cravings. If the cravings couldn't be satisfied, the perceived wendigos were executed.

Skinwalker vs. Wendigo (What's The Difference?)

It makes sense that some people confuse Skinwalkers and Wendigos.

They have a lot in common on paper, after all. Despite that, the two legends are in no sense the same.

Many things set them apart. Weapons, first and foremost, can help people easily and rapidly distinguish between Skinwalkers and Wendigos.

Wendigos, in plain terms, are cannibals who have undergone major transfiguration.

The primary aim behind the Wendigo is to identify human beings who can serve as their next meals. That just isn't the case with Skinwalkers.

Skinwalkers are witches who strive to boost their reputations and powers via a vast assortment of harmful actions and occult activities in general.

They adore getting their hands on blood any time they can. Many people think that Skinwalkers are a bigger danger to the general public.

What ties Skinwalkers and Wendigos together the most? Both of these creatures have strong roots in the universe of Native American tribes.

Are Skinwalkers Real? | Do They Exist?

Unlike other mysterious creatures, many people have talked more about the Skinwalkers' existence.

Some people have believed in this creature, calling it several names, while others still seek more explanations.

It may sometimes be difficult for you to perfectly understand the nature of this creature, especially if you have never encountered such a creature in your life.

This write-up describes to you the existence of the mysterious creature commonly referred to as Skinwalker in the indigenous language.

You may be very surprised about the creature, its appearance, and where it lives.

What will shock you most is the activities associated with the creature and where it is commonly witnessed.

Even though many traditional heals prove to be able to take responsibility, some of them tend to engage in corrupt activities that make them become witches in the end.

The , however, has never been understood.This is because there is more reluctance regarding the subject discussion with outsiders.

A Skinwalker may be a female or male, just like other animals involved in witchcraft.

Apart from Skinwalkers, other witchcraft-associated animals include the coyote, also known as the trickster.

They might include some creatures associated with dangerous and most feared activities such as bad omens and even death.

The creatures commonly used also possess some of the nature of the living animals, including human beings.

This makes them be seen walking around like living animals with their bodies.

♰A/N: As lots of people are interested in those creatures, and while doing my reserach i've heard many call the Slenderman one of these cryptids, i thought i should include this chapter.

+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+†+