☣︎Books☣︎

₊ ⊹₊ ⊹☣︎♰☣︎⊹₊ ⊹₊ 

ᓚᘏᗢ- Ummm well how can i say that... i definately found some interesting and helpful books about our favorite faceless man, but some people have taken it too far with their imagination... i felt as if i found published fanfiction 12 year old girls used to write back when i was younger...

1)Slender Man Is Coming: Creepypasta and Contemporary Legends on the Internet- by Trevor J. Blank, Lynne S. McNeill

★★★★★

description 

The essays in this volume explore the menacing figure of Slender Man--the blank-faced, long-limbed bogeyman born of a 2009 Photoshop contest who has appeared in countless horror stories circulated on- and offline among children and young people. Slender Man is arguably the best-known example in circulation of "creepypasta," a genre derived from "copypasta," which in turn derived from the phrase "copy/paste."

As narrative texts are copied across online forums, they undergo modification, annotation, and reinterpretation by new posters in a folkloric process of repetition and variation. Though by definition legends deal largely with belief and possibility, the crowdsourced mythos behind creepypasta and Slender Man suggests a distinct awareness of fabrication. Slender Man is therefore a new kind of one intentionally created as a fiction but with the look and feel of legend.

Slender Man Is Coming offers an unprecedented folkloristic take on Slender Man, analyzing him within the framework of contemporary legend studies, "creepypastas," folk belief, and children's culture. This first folkloric examination of the phenomenon of Slender Man is a must-read for anyone interested in folklore, horror, urban legends, new media, or digital cultures.

Contributors : Timothy H. Evans, Andrea Kitta, Mikel J. Koven, Paul Manning, Andrew Peck, Jeffrey A. Tolbert, Elizabeth Tucker

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39952519-slender-man-is-coming?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=2Z2xlVKmkx&rank=4

🗡A/N: Now this book is simply amazing, i've read some free pages and i'm already hooked.

2)Slender Man- by Anonymous

★★★✩✩

description

One man's search for the truth about one of the most intriguing urban legends ever—the modern bogeyman, Slender Man—leads him down a dark, dangerous path in this creepy supernatural fantasy reminiscent of Night Film, House of Leaves, and Illuminae, that will make you question where the line between legend and fact begins

A young man is desperate to find his missing friend . . . desperate enough to resort to the darkest means. But just how much is he willing to pay the Slender Man in order to save her?

Told through a variety of narrative devices, including photos, journal entries, e-mails, articles, and other artifacts, this unique spine-tingling story is a brilliant and terrifying look at one of the most fascinating—and diabolical—mythical figures in modern times.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30653976-slender-man?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=2Z2xlVKmkx&rank=1

🗡A/N: not really my kind of read but it sounds okay. 

3)Slenderman Chronicles: Stories of Encounters with Slender: 24 Terrifying Real Stories of people's encounters with Slender Man -by John Gordon

★★★★✩

description

Is the Slender Man only an urban myth or does he really exist? With the renewed interest in the strange creature, we decided to put together a series of reported stories across the world over the last 150 years that have a reference to the Slender Man (Der Grosse Man) mythology. From the first reported encounter that took place in Virginia in the 1860's reported by Dr.Abe and Martha Mosely who ended up unleashing an evil force described as a "Thin Slender Man", to the last known sighting in 2011, we have compiled a collection of 24 frightening stories from across the world that trace the encounters of ordinary people with Slender. Read them and decide for yourself whether the Slender Man is just a myth or if he lives amongst us... These stories are not for the faint hearted. 1) The First Sighting (Nelson Hills, Virginia, 1863) 2) Camp at Trevor Hills (South Dakota, April 1942) 3) Child at the Cemetary (Fort Collins, Colorado,November 1947) 4) A Frightening Deer Hunt (Boden, Sweden, October 1948) 5) Camping in New Mexico (Joshua Tree, New Mexico, April 1965) 6) A Sighting in England (Broadland, East England, July 1968) 7) An Encounter at the Lake (Crater Lake, Oregon, August 1968) 8) The Witch's Curse (Lemburg, Germany, January 1976) 9) Treasure Hunt (Captiva Island, Florida, January 1985) 10) A Baby Sitter's Story (Tuscaloosa, Alabama, March 1988) 11) A Shadowy Figure (Silkville, California, December 2004) 12) Highway Fright (Denver, Colorado, June 2011) ...and 12 more..