Chapter 55 (5k SPECIAL) The Void Is Filled

I groaned as I lay back on the bed, feeling the weight of the days since Ethan arrived. It hadn't been long, maybe 2, 3, 4, approximately 5 days, but it felt like an eternity to me.

I sighed, the silence broken by the ringing of my phone. Glancing at the caller ID, I saw Ethan's name flashing.

Speak of the devil, I thought as I answered the call. Without preamble, he asked if I knew his address.

"What?" I replied, confused.

"Yeah, right... I'm sending the address. Come and meet me," he said hurriedly.

His voice sounded urgent, which immediately put me on edge. "What's the matter? Everything alright?" I inquired, concern creeping into my voice.

"No, hurry up," he urged before abruptly ending the call.

My heart rate quickened as I scrambled to dress and make my way to the address he had yet to send.

As I rushed to Ethan's address, my mind raced with questions. What could be so urgent? Why the sudden need for my presence? I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of my stomach.

Arriving at Ethan's place, I hesitated before knocking on the door.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked, my heart pounding with anticipation. The door swung open, and before I could say anything, Ethan pulled me into a tight embrace, his lips finding mine in a passionate kiss. My heart raced, and for a moment, I forgot about everything else.

But then, a noise from another room broke the moment, and I quickly pulled away, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"We shouldn't," I whispered, glancing nervously towards the source of the sound.

Ethan's expression softened, his gaze filled with longing. "I've missed you so much," he said, his voice filled with emotion. "I couldn't wait any longer to see you."

Despite my reservations, I couldn't deny the love in his eyes. Taking a deep breath, I reached out and gently caressed his cheek. "I missed you too," I admitted, feeling a surge of warmth in my chest. But is that the reason you called me in this manner? I said, giving him a playful pat on the cheek, "I got scared to death."

Ethan's laugh echo in the room, his eyes pleading with me. "I understand, but I can't help it. Being apart from you has been torture."

I sighed, torn between my desire for him and the fear of getting caught. "Now, Let go of me," I told him.

But Ethan was stubborn, his determination unwavering. "I'll do anything to be with you," he declared, his voice filled with resolve. "I can't let anything keep us apart."

I glared at gim. Ethan chuckled softly, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Fine," he said, taking my hand. "There's something you need to see."

Curiosity piqued, I let him lead me through the house and out into the garden. As we stepped outside, I gasped in awe at the sight before me.

The garden was a lush paradise, filled with vibrant colors and intoxicating scents. A rainbow of flowers bloomed in every corner, their petals glistening with dewdrops in the soft light of the setting sun. Butterflies danced gracefully from flower to flower, their delicate wings shimmering in the golden glow.

The air was alive with the sound of birdsong, a symphony of chirps and trills that echoed through the tranquil space. Tall trees swayed gently in the breeze, casting dappled shadows on the ground below.

Ethan squeezed my hand, his eyes filled with adoration. "I wanted to show you this place," he said softly, "because it reminds me of you. Beautiful, vibrant, and full of life."