Episode 62

TL by Miru

I'm a Genius Idol but My Passive is Sunfish: Episode 62

'What is this now?'

To think the status window popped up at such a crucial moment. This soured Baekya's mood.

[Q. The Ultimate Gambler: A genius calculates the odds, but a gambler relies on instinct! Opportunities like this don't come every day...(Read more)]

'It always gets wordy when it's about making me do something weird.'

The appearance of a "Read more" option was an immediate disqualifier for this quest. It wasn't a main quest, so there was no real reason to complete it. However, the last sentence caught his attention.

[ Doubled Star Points when completion successful]

'What? That's an amazing reward!'

Unable to resist the offer, the weak-willed Sunfish took the bait. The quest's summary was simple: If Baekya completed the stage without a single mistake, his star points would double. He currently had 4 points, so success would mean 8 points. However, Baekya had to be cautious.

[However, failure will result in the loss of all Star Points]

As the saying goes, you need to hear the whole story to understand the entire picture. The penalty for failure was severe. Another saying, "penny wise, pound foolish," came to mind.

'I could end up with nothing while trying to gain four points.'

High risk, high reward. Baekya couldn't ignore the fact that he was currently equipped with the skill <Comatose State(D)>, which was in no way a help to his dancing.

'Still...'

For about two weeks, he had been rigorously trained under Spartan Chung and the demonic Yuyeon.

'Maybe it'll be okay?'

Besides, his final practice yesterday had been flawless. Somehow, Baekya felt confident about succeeding.

'Ah, whatever. I'll go for it!'

The mini-game, staking all of the Sunfish's resources, began.

* * *

- WHOA-OH-WHOA-OH

On stage, the introduction of 'No Games' began to play, a song that hadn't been heard in a while.

A move dubbed the "drawer routine," the choreography formation involved Baekya being hidden away in the corner, only coming forward for his parts. This was why Baekya's fans didn't favour the debut song. Oh, of course, Baekya looked stunning, but that was what made it all the more upsetting.

"Waaah! Baekyaaa!"

An excited bird screamed Baekya's name at the top of her lungs.

"His beret—! Cough-cough."

Sparrow was choked up within the first 30 seconds of the performance. While she pounded her chest to clear her throat, her eyes never left the screen.

"Han Baekya is insane..."