Chapter 9

"I- I... Choose-", Ash stuttered as he looked as his two friends in the spotlight. Misty tensed, she was the only other person there that knew about Iris' Dragonite. Ash stared at them and back to the announcer.

"I can't...", Ash said looking away from them all. The announcer smiled brightly.

"You know what this means! The battle will begin shortly."

...

Before the battle, Iris excused herself to go bathroom. Instead she dialed Cilan's number.

"Hello? Iris are you alright? I saw everything on television", Cilan said.

"Wait.. you did..."

"Yes, the eliminations are live.. Iris, if this doesn't work I can always help.."

"Thanks Cilan, I have to go now..", Iris said.

"Wait-", Cilan interrupted before she hung up the phone.

"Iris, whatever happens.. I still love you." Iris bushes deeply.

"What?!"

"Never mind, good luck in your battle!", Cilan said before he hung up. Iris nodded and went back out to the battlefield.

...

"Go Emolga!", Iris said letting the electric-type out of it's Pokeball.

"Munchlax, I choose you!", May said sharply.

"Battle begin!"

"Use Discharge!", Iris said quickly. Emolga swooped down and discharged the electricity. Munchlax fell over.

"Finish up with Hidden Power!" But before Emolga could use the move Munchlax dodged.

"Focus Punch! Let's go!", May shouted. Munchlax knocked Emolga to the ground. It struggled to get up again.

"Try again with Hidden Power!", Iris said shakily. Emolga knew how much was at stake for Iris, so it tried even harder. Munchlax was hit with a full powered Hidden Power.

May was starting to feel nervous, she didn't know how much Munchlax could take.

"Come on Munchlax! You can do it!", May shouted encouragingly. Munchlax looked at her and nodded. Suddenly, Munchlax began to illuminate with light... it was evolving.

"What-", Iris and May said in shock. Ash and the others were extremely surprised as well. May's Munchlax evolved into a Snorlax. May stared at the humongous Pokemon. She had been through allot with Munchlax.. and it finally evolved.

"This is more like it! Use Body Slam, Snorlax!", May said with excitement. Snorlax slammed into Emolga as they were caught off-guard.

"Emolga!", Iris shouted.

Emolga was unable to battle.

Iris had lost.

May ran up to Snorlax and gave it a hug before returning it to it's Pokeball.

"You were awesome Snorlax", May said. She then looked at Iris who was still in utter shock. Suddenly the realization hit her and she burst into tears. I've never seen Iris cry before... May walked up to her and lifted her hand for a handshake but Iris didn't accept it. What's with her...

Misty got up from her chair and ran up to Iris. She was still crying. Ash felt extremely guilty.

...

Suddenly, someone's phone rang. The sound vibrated through. The battle-field... it was the Producer's phone.

"Hello? Yes? Really..." Everyone stared at him as he walked to the announcer and whispered something in his ear. The announcer nodded.

"Well, it looks like there has been a small adjustment in this elimination", the announcer said with a smile.

"Iris's Dragonite from what we hear has a serious disease, Is that right Iris?" Iris nodded.

"Even though you lost, we are offering to pay for it's treatment in this situation", the announcer said.

"Really?!", Iris said with joy. The announcer's voice went serious.
"We wouldn't do this for everyone but we had some convincing...", the announcer said.

Suddenly, a figure walked in from the building. Everyone turned to the green-haired person as he walked up to Iris.

"Cilan?!", Ash and Iris said in shock.

"Cilan, You-", Cilan interrupted Iris with a hug. He felt worried for Iris and had gotten on a plane to see her after he heard about the eliminations. On his way there he watched every moment of it from his laptop.

"We can go home now..", Cilan said. Iris nodded, she missed Unova. Iris said goodbye to everyone and left with Cilan.

"And that's the end of the first elimination show!", the announcer said with a wide smile.

All the girls looked at each other. They were all one step closer... They all left with mixed feeling.

Misty was glad Iris and her Dragonite were alright.

May was glad she beat Iris, but she was nervous about how close she was to loosing.

Dawn was glad for Iris and Cilan but she wasn't sure about how the rest of the show would go.

Serena was glad her ally won but wondered if she'll ever be put in the same position.

Ash didn't know what to think.

A/N: I always wanted May to evolve her Munchlax XD