Chapter 17

Max was driving behind us to see if anyone is going to follow us, we were lucky because we got to the hotel without any company. "Max just, just stay here too, I will pay for your hotel room, just stay to make Lauren feel a bit safer. She is freaking out on the inside but she is pretty good at hiding it." I don't have to say it twice, Max agrees to it guickly and we go to our rooms that are basically next to eachother quietly.

Lauren seems to be deeply in thought and so does Max, well after all I am thinking about the things that happened today too. As we enter our room I don't even get the time to undress myself or anything when Lauren pulls me on the bed and puts her head on my chest. I stand up though to lock the doors and pull the curtains over the window, and the next thing I know is I am laying on the bed with Lauren inside my arms, both of us lost in our own thoughts.

I pull a blanket over us and I can hear her sigh happily as I do so, my fingers are slowly painting patterns on her beautiful back. I let my hand slip under her shirt to caress her smooth and soft skin.

"Try to get some sleep Lauren, I've got you," I tell her quietly as I place a little kiss on her temple. She crawls even closer to me, her whole body pressed on mine and sighs deeply before she relaxes in my arms. It doesn't take long for her to fall asleep and when she does, I put a pillow on my place and she hugs it, and pull the blanket over her gently.

I move towards the window as I start calling around, from Bryan to Max whom is basically in the room next to me. I would talk to him in person but there is no way I am leaving her alone.

I've been talking on the phone for quite some time, and here I am now at 4 in the morning sitting in front of the window staring at the big moon outside. The only question dancing in my head is how to keep her safe, how to be there for her in the right way.

I am lost in my own world of thoughts when the very familiar soft hands move from my shoulder towards my belly and hug me gently from behind. "Come get some sleep baby," she tells me tiredly, I really want to, but who is going to keep an eye on you? I don't trust anyone anymore. Not even my own shadow.

"I am fine, go back to sleep love," I whisper as she kisses my cheek gently and presses her beautiful face in the crook of my neck. "You know I can't do that without you there," she admits to me for the very first time. Lauren pulls me up from my sitting position and places her hands behind my neck. I kiss her cheek gently and pick her up bridal style as I carry her towards the bed.

It never felt as good as it feels tonight to be the big spoon while I am cuddling someone, but my face stuck in her hair, my hands wrapped around her belly is just something so relaxing in this moment. It doesn't take long for her to fall asleep again, I can feel her chest raising and falling and it feels so good to just hold her and kiss her neck.

It's been an hour since she is asleep in my arms, but I can't bring myself to fall into the deep relaxing sleep. I stand up from our bed quietly and open the door of the balcony, I put a little blanket over my shoulders as I exit the room. My hands fall on the fence in no time, I reach for my back pocket to grab a cigarette and even though I know she hates smokers and I've been trying to quit for at least this year I am going to spend with her I can't help myself tonight.

I put the cigarette between my lips, inhaling the smoke deep inside and exhaling slowly, it feels good. I sigh as I try to smoke softly but something stops me, the thought of her being disgusted by the smell. I have no idea why is that stopping me but I throw the cigarette on the floor and step on it, "fuck!" I yell hoping that it doesn't wake her up, as I run my fingers through my hair furiously.

I run into the bathroom angrily and push the shower open, I step inside not bothering to undress myself. The cold water slowly falling on my head and back, I press my forehead onto the wall, thinking about the ways to keep her safe. I take my clothes off tiredly and throw them outside the shower.