Chapter 7- When It's Time, I'll Pass It Proud

Let's settle the real score
Been wondering what the public gotta feel for
So let's keep it real yeah you know I'm killing game as soon as I step on the field
Y'all at the top are all mad now, there's no turning back now
I won't ever back down  

Iggy Azalea- Heavy Crown

***

Luna was understanding. 

I told her the fake story about how both the twins and Mark died and let her spill a few tears, telling me how much she loved me. 

But she understood. And I promised her social services wasn't coming to get her. I told her about the three week vacation and she told me to go, telling me she could easily take care of herself. She was right, she'd spent time by herself a lot. 

I told her not to tell anyone at school and she promised me she wouldn't. 

I packed a suitcase full of clothes and gave her a genuine smile, waving as I left the house and faltered when I saw a red sports car with heavy tinted windows waiting for me outside. 

I sighed and placed my suitcase in the trunk, making my way to the passenger seat.

Aiden hit the gas pedal, speeding through the roads as I rolled my eyes. "So  Amber, how'd it go?"

"Fine," I said, crossing my arms and looking out the window. To me, he was still a Popular. 

"Oh come on, I'm here to tell you exciting news," he yelled over the sound of the windows opening. A rush of air hit me, making my hair fly everywhere. I squinted and secured it with a ponytail. 

He tossed a blindfold onto my lap and winked at my expression of distaste. I picked it up and began to secure it.

"I already have a mission set for you."

***

Three days later, I stared out the window as I waited for Aiden to reappear from wherever he had scurried off to, humming The Ants Go Marching One by One while stomping my feet. It's not my fault that this entire place reminded me of an ant farm.

I looked down at the 553 boots Aiden gave me before continuing my stomping to the song as a pair of feet came into my vision. I slowly looked up, taking in the black jeans and shirt before finally closing in on the badge.

My target was finally here.

I finally looked up, and gave him a small smirk, "Agent August Dale."

He scratched at his chin before planting his brown eyes on my ID badge. "The reason you're just standing here, rookie?" He finally asked, folding his arms. I bit my tongue at his question but composed myself.

"Aiden Thompson is supposed to be watching me but whatever, he left me for the wolves. It's Amber, but you can call me Ryder or whatever spy mojo you guys have for my name. I'm not an agent yet, so you can't call me that. So I suppose you can call me Panda, because why not? I saw a dude with the name Lion and it creeped me out." I leaned forward and whispered, "He actually did kind of look like a lion."

"Do you always talk this much?" He asked as I leaned back and stared out the window again.

"It depends on my mood, I guess. And the person I'm talking to. You aren't going to kill me right? 'Cause I don't think I should be talking to people who are going to kill me. My mother said to never talk to murderers. I actually think it was strangers but, potato, patato." He opened his mouth to say something but I quickly shut him up as I interjected, "I'm actually kind of tired, do one of these walls have a hidden bed or something?"