Chapter 12- Another Round of Shots

Fire up that loud
Another round of shots

DJ Snake Ft. Lil Jon- Turn Down For What

***

The van swirled drastically as I rounded another corner, trying to evade the stupid black cars behind me. With one hand on the wheel I whipped around, my ponytail smacking the seat, to view the flock of 12 cars all shooting at me. I cringed as the supposed bulletproof glass cracked under another set of bullets being fired at the back of the van. "Do something Thompson!" I hissed.

It was a few months after my discovery of TrianOut and by then I had already gained level 6 clearance clearence. It took people years to reach that sort of access. Aiden was level 9, which was two levels away from the assistant director's access level. We were both assigned as field partners after my evaluation. He unfortunately had my trust which put us both in a stand-still on his old life.

"I'm trying, I'm trying!" Pause. "They're shooting at my vehicle too you know! Go shoot their heads off or something." The distant sound of shots and glass breaking along with a few colorful swears in my ear piece made me swirl another corner in surprise. The technology they- Blood Feuds -had acquired was to be snatched up by us. And, if possible, we were to kill the organization off to little pieces. It was going perfectly until they caught on.

"You were supposed to distract them!" I cried, exasperated. I rounded another corner and hit an alley where I stopped once another black van had pulled up too. Aiden jumped out from his van as I ran out of mine, both of us ditching them for another vehicle. He found another car that and used the new prototype 553 had for him to unlock the car door as I gathered all the weapons and swiped any 553 evidence from the van. 

It was black, sleek and probably expensive. 553 could pay for whatever damages anyways, or make the car simply nonexistent. Once I dumped everything in the back seat, Aiden used another object -a piece of metal that molds into whatever you need to fit it in- to start the car. He knew as much about cars and technology that I did and mostly pretended to play dumb just so he could watch people's reactions and laugh later.

Cars rounded the corner and shooting started again. I huffed and grabbed a gun just before Aiden pressed on the gas pedal, giving me enough time to jump inside the open side door. It was around 9 AM and apparently people in California were heavy sleepers, because they obviously didn't hear the commotion going on in the streets. 

They still shot at us, making me growl and attempt to find a good way to shoot at them through the open side door. I cursed as I realized my position wouldn't give me good aim so I flipped the sun roof door open.

I shot at the glass above us, making it shatter on both of us and Aiden swear loudly as he looked up momentarily from his perfect driving. If he wasn't an agent, I would recommend him as a professional racer.

I stood up and poked my head, arms and shoulders through the sunroof, twisting my torso to stick up above on the roof before firing. I shot through the glass of each car once, making the previous bulletproof glass shatter under the bullet Marissa had designed for this kind of situation, and then hit the drivers with head shots that made their cars swirl and hit each other. 

Three more were left, and the one passenger in each car threw the driver out and took the wheel while aiming at us with-

I ducked screaming, "Shift!" at Aiden who got the hint and moved lanes so quickly you wouldn't be able to focus. The balls that erupted from the devices they were using to take us down all landed on the road, right beside each other. I watched as the Blood Feud pulled their breaks and tried to reverse back in time, but it was too late. The balls erupted in yellow energy, enveloping the five meter distance that we had passed a while ago until the color faded to reveal a whole chunk of the street and their cars missing. If any of those balls had touched the car, we'd be toast.