Chapter 2...

Above are the girl characters! Right: Carter (Emily Rudd), Top: Macey (Sarah Hyland), Bottom: Amy (Blake Lively) 

Enjoy!!

Standing in front of me was none other than my brother and his best friend. I was hoping to not run into them until later but it seemed someone hated me above. Don't get me wrong I love my brother but Ethan is another story...well I actually love him too. I guess one thing I should tell you is that I am secretly in love with my brothers best friend. Yep you heard that right. By secretly I mean only Macey knows and no one else, not even Amy knows. 

Falling in love with your brothers best friend is honestly the worst thing that can ever happen. Yes part of it is if my brother found out he would be pissed. But the other part is having to see him every single day and each day falling harder. It is knowing that he will never know how you feel and won't reciprocate the same feelings. 

The moment I stopped thinking of Ethan as just a friend was the beginning of Sophomore year in High School. He had spent a 3 months away with his family in Europe exploring and I hadn't seen him at all. I was going to go over there the day he got back but since his plane got delayed he didn't get in till late ,then  the next day my mom dragged me out to the city. The first time I saw him was the moment I stepped out of my parents car on Monday two days after he got back. He was standing at the front the school by the steps surrounded by everyone. The instant my eyes spotted him through the crowd my jaw flew open. 

His skin was tan from being in Europe, his dark brown hair was slightly long hanging in his eyes making him reach up and move it every few minutes. His baby cheeks had slimmed down and was now sculpted with high cheek bones and the start of a defining jaw line. His body looked leaner like he worked out a lot this summer, and he had grown quite a few inches towering over most of the guys. Everything about him screamed HOT. He wasn't the same boy I saw at the beginning of summer, instead he was a mini version of a greek god. I knew when he got older he would look better and better. Kind of like Brad Pitt.  

After that moment at school everything started to change. With Ethan being the hottest guy at school, along with my brother, he became the sex god of Alexander High School. Girls threw themselves at him and guys wanted to be him. He had everything; the popularity, the looks, girls, money, and even the smarts. Basically a triple threat. As Ethan moved up in the chain that is high school I stayed near the bottom not totally invisible but close. Everyone knew me because of my parents as well as Luke and Ethan.  

At school he didn't ignore me like I thought he would. He always made sure I was involved and that no one was bugging me. It was the small things like that or when I saw him help under class men pick up their books when they were tripped, bring my mom flowers on certain occasions, even those moments when he'd come into the kitchen early in the morning and talk to me, that made me fall for him harder as the days passed. He doesn't know that those moments when he would invite me to play video games with him and Luke were some of the best times I've had. 

The only person I ever told was Macey because I can't keep anything from her. She knew the moment I liked Ethan before I did. Like a true friend she never told a soul and stayed by my side when I had to see him with different girls and when he got his first serious girlfriend. If it wasn't for her I would have probably been in a pit of depression thinking about Ethan never being with me. 

"Did I kill her?" His voice broke through my trance. I blinked clearing my vision to see him standing in front of me and feeling him poke my forehead. 

"Ethan cut it out." I whined swiping his hand away. I ignored the tingly feeling I got up my arm when I touched him. I was really good at hiding and storing my feelings away when it came to him. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked grabbing a fry and eating it. I stopped feeling conscious eating around Ethan when we were kids. Having him always at my house the feeling faded quickly.