Chapter 43....

Semi-Edited

Thank you @QueenDisneyBiatch for the lovely cover! I love it!! <3

Song above is....Last Kiss by Lady Antebellum. Love this song!

Happy Reading!

"You aren't throwing me to the wolves right?" Gage asked looking over at me.

"No...maybe. You'll just have to see for yourself." I grinned.

"You are lucky I love you."

"Good now come on." Sending him one last smile I lead him into the ballroom.

When we walked into the ballroom we were met with tons of people talking and bright lights. The room was decorated beautifully and it almost felt like a regular party, not a Christmas one.

Of course you had women dressed in the best gowns money could offer, expensive jewelry trying to show off they had money. This party was really a way for women to gossip and show off how rich their husbands are, and a way for the men to talk business. Definitely not a place for younger people to be in. But there is free food so there is that.

Beside me I watched Gage look around at everything soaking it all in. I could tell he already felt uncomfortable being here and I left bad making him come. This wasn't his scene.

"We can leave you know. You don't have to stay." I said tugging on his arm gently.

"Who else is going to shove you up on stage if I leave?" He teased, smiling down at me.

"Does this mean I won't be able to distract you so I don't have to go up?"

"No way in hell." He flashed his teeth at me. I groaned having all my attempts fail.

"Lets go to Luke and Macey." I muttered, and once again pulled him towards the side of the ballroom where they were.

"She keeps trying to get out of her speech isn't she?" Luke said the moment we came to a stop in front of them.

"This all would have been better if you just did it." Luke just rolled his eyes and ignored my comment.

"So Gage liking it so far?"

"Luke we just got here."

"First impression is everything, Carter."

"It is...very fancy." Macey and I laughed.

"This is how my parents fell in love actually." I said glancing around the place. I noticed my parents were moving slowly through the crowd, talking to people. They made the best looking couple honestly.

"Oh really?" Gage asked.

"Yeah. Apparently my dad made my mom take care of everything for a party similar to this one. She had to do everything and only in week. My dad was an ass to her of course about it all. Anyways my dad always says that night is the night he fell in love with her because of all the handwork and the red dress she wore." I grinned looking at my parents.

"And we always have to hear the damn story anytime there is a party for the company." Luke groaned.

"I think it is sweet." Macey said.

"Of course you do. You are a girl." Macey smacked the side of his head which earned a yelp from Luke.

"What the hell was that for?" He whined rubbing the spot she hit.

"For being rude." I grinned as they bickered back and forth, just like what they use to do.

"Do they do this often?" Gage asked with a raised eyebrow, staring at the couple.