7. Unmasked

THREE HOURS EARLIER

"Trace the call!" Logan shouts slamming his hands on his desks making his co-workers stare at him as if he was a mad man.

"The call was too short to record a location, you know that." Phil whispers trying not to alarm their co- workers further. "You need to relax."

"There are 120 women who were abducted and so far there are no leads!" Logan holds the bridge of his nose tightly. "So don't tell me to relax." He sighs heavily staring at his white board that had various pictures of the women abducted and their ties on the sex trafficking.

There's a long pause as he scans the board over and over again. "I need a map." Logan finally says.

"For what?" Phil raises an eyebrow.

"I have a theory." Logan taps his index finger rapidly against his leather chair. "Alaska is the second state to have countless human trafficking making Alabama the first. If my theory is correct the shipment of those women have to be within three states."

"That's just a theory. We can't search all three states without the director's consent and for that we need solid evidence. You know, hardcore evidence!" Phil whispers loudly pointing at the pictures of the women on the board.

Logan ignores him walking to the storage room getting a map poster from the boxes that contained many prints of it.

"The third state is Arizona, but I don't think their cargo would be there." Phil watches his partner come back looking at the map in total depth. "Well kiss the damn thing will you?"

"Alabama, Alaska and Arizona are where the most frequent kidnappings have been, meaning their shipment is within these three states." Logan pin points Alabama, Alaska and Arizona.

"I'm telling you that their cargo wouldn't be in Arizona, count it out." Phil takes out the red pin from the Arizona state in the map.

"Why?" Logan frowns.

"Because they're racist over there. What makes you think they want women of different races there?" Phil places his hands on the desk.

"That's exactly why Arizona is the perfect candidate for sex trafficking. Think about it Phil, if they are as racist as you say wouldn't they do anything they can to profit from them and keep them imprisoned from society?" Logan grabs the red pin from the desk and pin points it back.

"I guess, but we still need solid evidence." Phil grabs his coat from the rack and puts it on.

"That's why we're going to search Alaska again working our way to Arizona." Logan buttons down his black wool coat.

"Where should we start?" Phil asks following Logan to the other side of the room. "Think Phil, we've already searched for clues in the construction industry, sanitation, trade vessels, strip clubs. We never investigated the cargo ships and their merchandise."

"Hey, I'm not the cop with the brains here. You're good cop and I'm bad cop that's why we work swell together. You need my physical force and I need your know it all brain." Phil pats Logan on the shoulder roughly.

Logan walks up to a police officer. "Tarance, can you do me a favor and run all the locations of industrial docks in Alaska and print them out?"

The black haired Italian nods his head. "Sure detective." He begins to type on his computer.

Twenty minutes pass and Tarance gives them the information needed. "The biggest one is three hours away near the Bering sea."

"Thank you." Logan nods looking at the location walking out of the police station with Phil by his side into their tainted window jeep.