Chapter 18: Murderous Thoughts

The small alarm clock next to the bed that I was sleeping in went off at exactly 5:00 in the morning, or, as I always called it, Planning Time.

It was when you woke up with Ansley to discuss your last "plan", and we all know how that turned out. A nagging voice in the back of my head said to me.

I tried my best to ignore those guilty thoughts, got up, and got dressed. After that, I sat on the bed and started to think.

How is one to go about murdering someone?

Of course, no one would ever find his body. If anyone knew Ethan existed, they would've come and rescued all the children he captured years ago.

But still, would I be able to live with the guilt of killing someone with my own hands? Would I feel any guilt at all?

More importantly, what would I do to kill him? I wanted him to die a painful death, but torturing him for too long would make me no better than he was.

The final question: how long should I wait before I did it? I had to wait until he wouldn't be expecting it, but when would that be?

Suddenly, it came to me. A wonderfully terrible plan:
1.) I would go back his house in two days. I got to this town by walking straight through the woods, so I could easily get back by following the same course.
2.) I would use something to pick one of his locks and get inside of his house. I was sure I could find something like a paper clip or a safety pin here that Anna wouldn't miss at all.
3.) Once I was in the house, I would go to the kitchen and find the biggest knife he owned. I would then locate him in the house and stab him repeatedly, however many times it took.
Sure, it would be messy, but it would work, and I don't think he would be able to stop me.

Don't worry, Ansley. I thought. I'll avenge you.