Chapter 21: Revenge Is A Cold, Cold Thing

I gasped. Ethan laughed sinisterly. "Thought you could kill me, did you? Thought you could avenge that little girl, what was her name again? Ansley?" I let out an angry growl when he mentioned her name. He seemed to be enjoying my pain.

"Oh, about her," he continued, getting closer and closer to me until he was almost straddling me as I slumped against the wall, holding the knife handle and trying to hold onto my life for as long as I could. "You know what I did with her body? I dismembered it and burned it in a celebratory bonfire!"

He did what to my little Ansley? Oh no. That time he went too far.

I screamed at the top of my lungs. "NO! YOU HIDEOUS, DISGUSTING MONSTER!" I was enraged.

I pulled the knife out of my own stomach and plunged it into Ethan's chest. Once. Twice. Three times. Four. Five. Six. I couldn't stop.

He fell right next to me, and with his last dying breath, muttered the word, "Congratulations."

I was starting to feel weak, but not at all defeated. I was fine with dying now. I'd done it. I killed Ethan. Ansley and countless other people were avenged.

"I'm-I'm coming Ansley," I whispered as my vision faded and a bright white light came into view. My soul ran into it.

I was ready to be in heaven with my angel.