Chapter 23 - T is back

Picture of Heath

Lauren's POV

After almost 2 weeks of no contact with Heath I decided I'd had enough and was going to call him. Tomorrow we were going into Uni to select our electives, buy all our books and catch up with everyone. I wanted to go with Heath and T cause things just needed to feel normal again.

I was heading out to the airport to pick up T. It was a stinking hot day, I had the sunroof and windows open but there was no relief. My phone rang I looked at the id on the screen and smiled seeing it was Heath.

"Hey Heath, I was going to call you this arvo. How are you?" I decided for the sake of our friendship I just had to put things behind me. Yeah, we still needed to clear the air but I wanted to do this like adults in the hope of still maintaining our friendship.

"Lauren, good heaps good. Will you be going into Uni tomorrow?" He sounded ok.

"Yeah, I'm just picking up T now from the airport. Why don't we meet at the library around 9am. I can introduce you to everyone and then we're all going out to lunch".

"Sounds like exactly what I need. Look Lauren, about the other day, I".

"Listen, let's put it behind us. I'm never going to lose you as a friend so whatever happened we just have to move on. I love you like a brother and sometimes our feeling can get mixed up especially when others get involved. You probably got a little jealous and I bet when you get a girlfriend I'll feel the same. It's because we will always be more than friends but no more than that". Wow, that just kept rolling off my tongue.

"Um, sure, you summed that up completely. Ok, well, sorry for confusing things. I love you Lauren and I'll see you tomorrow".

"Hang on just need to check, will you and Daniella be on the boat on Australia day?" I asked.  

"Yep, Marc will also be with us!" He replied.

"Great, T is coming as well with her new man". I beeped the car in front of me. They'd just decided to randomly stop in the middle of the road for no reason. "Arsehole!!! Not you Heath the dumb driver in front of me. Anyhow see you tomorrow".

"Bye," we hung up.

I felt happy knowing that Heath and I could get past this. I started to think about the fact that your love life was either a famine or a feast. As soon as you were in a relationship it's like everyone else wanted in as well. Firstly there was Clay, Dan, Heath and now the guy from the shop at work. I bet if I broke up with Ethan tomorrow they'd all be in other relationships and not interested. It how it goes, it all comes down to timing, it's the key in so many ways.

I was about a minute away when T called.

"Hey Hun, at the usual spot?" I asked.

"Yep, here now, how far away?"

"T I can see your hair from where I am," we both laughed.

"I see you know, bye bye". We hung up.

I pulled the car towards T and run out opening the boot. T dragged her suitcase over to me and placed it inside. Once I secured it in the boot we tightly embraced.

"Missed ya Babe". She was kissing my cheek.

"Me too T!"

We got into the car and headed back to T's place. "So how was it?" I asked.

"Wonderful as always. Got spoilt rotten at Christmas as you know and Pete got on well with my family. In fact my Dad even played golf with him twice. It was awesome, great weather and great catching up with the fam. So how are you and Ethan going? What's new?"