Chapter 38 - The Photo Shoot

Lauren's POV

Today was Wednesday the morning of the photo shoot. I left Ethan's place around 6am and drove into a factory area in Petersham. Karen gave me the address of the studio and I was expecting something very different. Karen was rockabilly style and when I pulled up at this factory there were old chevy's, an old petrol pump, stacks of hay, old style bikes. I gathered the feel and look of the shoot was going to be a bit of fun.

Ana came into view as I got out of my car. She raced over greeting me with a hug. I was introduced to Larna the hair and make up lady then Arthur the photographer, they showed me the type of outfits they had in mind. Ana instantly made me feel welcome and my nerves began to dissolve.

We played around with some of the clothes until we finally settled on a cute outfit. It was a denim vest with long denim sleeve top and some shorts with heeled boots. Larna then got started on me and by 9am we were ready to shoot some photo's.

Karen arrived and organised the set. We used an old bike for over an hour taking shots. Then a noticed a few familiar faces as some of the band's girlfriends had arrived. Larna was busy doing quick hair and make up sessions whilst we shot more photo's on the bike.

After greeting all the girlfriends we were told to pile into an old red chev and just have some fun. Which we did and loads of photo's were taken. We then all had a break and walked up the road to a nearby organic cafe. Karen and Ana approached me.

"You're a natural Lauren. You should consider modelling as a career? You know how much money some of these girls make and they're not near as easy to shoot as you. This was the easiest and fastest shoot we've ever had". Ana was really impressed. She wasn't one to bull around she was definitely a direct shooter.

"Even Arthur said you were amazing and that he'd love to shoot you a portfolio. From today you'll get heaps of photo's. He wants to try different looks with you this arvo he thinks you'd pull off any genre. And he knows, he's shot some major celebs in his time including Nicole Kidman, Elle MacPhearson and Miranda Kerr just to name a few". Karen was hugging me as a proud sister would do so, she was totlly building up my confidence.

I was smiling. "Aw, thank you so much. It's really exciting to know I can maybe get some work out of this. It's been fun so yeah, I think I'll take Arthur up on his offer". I thoughtfully stated. Why not, I may as well, I'd get a portfolio out of this and maybe some contacts that would help me.

"We've already shot most of the film clip with the band we just need you to do some stuff and our guys will overlay it into the clip". Karen began to explain how it all worked. They basically wanted me to do some head shots and walk towards the camera seductively. Darren was arriving soon. We apparently had to tape a few intimate scenes and then that was it.

When we arrived back I got changed again and Arthur took more shots with different looks. Larna was so busy as my hair went up, down, straight, curled and then finally back into a clean ponytail.

To my surprise Ethan walked in with Darren.  I was beaming as he came straight over to me. We were all crowded over the computer looking at all the shots we'd taken today. Darren gave me a hug and also Karen which was so nice to see they could still maintain their friendship.

"So Karen, how'd she go?" Ethan eagerly asked as he placed a gentle kiss on my forehead as he gathered me into his chest in one swift movement.

"She's a complete natural. In fact, Ana and I were just talking about Lauren doing some other shoots with Arthur. He's absolutely  infatuated with her and he's going to introduce her to some of his contacts. He believes she has a big future. Well that is if she wants it. I think given the blushing beauty over there all this  attention is a little too much".