Chapter 6: The Vending-machine Restaurant

Qiang rushed forward to make the first move on the fire troll but the fire troll threw his chain at him so he had to avoid.

The priority of the first part of the fight was to make the flames on the trolls body dissappear. Once that was done the troll woudn't have any energy, which is another word for mp that is normally used by the npc. For Qiang, who barely managed to avoid the chains after his attempt to make the first attack, this was proven to be hard. But Qiang never once started doubting himself and his abilities to think quickly in almost any situation.

Qiang took a quick look at the cave once again in order to find anything to smother the fire all while avoiding the trolls chain. Now, even thought he was pretty busy dodging at the same time as he was looking he could inspect the cave in more detail. On both sides of the blue toned flames were numerous skeletons of npc's who had probably tried to defeat the troll but died in vain. Not far from one of the corpses Qiang saw a piece of cloth that was soaked from drops in the ceiling and the pool of water it was in. It was exactly what Qiang needed. He ran towards it while avoiding the chains and quickly picked up the cloth and shook it so that there was not too much water in it.

Qiang immediately proceeded to attack the troll with cloth in hand. Because of him focusing a tiny bit more on agility he could avoid the chains all the way to the trolls head and shoulders where he placed the large cloth. A "pzzt" sound was heard as the fire died out from not getting enough oxygen.

The troll started to rage! Now that the fire was put out it only had half of its strength left as it took some damage from losing its fire.

'Hmm, why wasn't that in the skill description? And also the Hp amount wasn't shown now that I think about it. Maybe it only has a tiny bit of Hp? Or maybe it was a bug that made it not show Hp? Come to think of it nothing has shown Hp so far? Maybe I should contact the support just in case once I'm done.' (Qiang)

Qiang quickly took out the beginner sword and once again started attacking the troll for real. Various numbers showed up in front of him.

65
89
120
-98
46
156
56
-90

The troll hit him with 90+ each time but since Qiang was faster. He ended up only using two beginner potions giving 100 Hp each and five minutes later the troll was down. With a loud shout the troll dissappeared.

A number of notices showed up in front of him.

You have defeated the fire troll in the black and white twins cave.

+6 000 exp

Level up +1

Level up +1

You have completed the "Escaping black and white twins mansion." quest.

Reward: +50 000 exp

Level up +1

Level up +1

Level up +1

Level up +1

Level up +1

Level up +1

Level up +1

Level up +1

Level up +1

Level up +1

You completed a quest above your level +100 fame

Quest: Take the black and white twins out of the cave.
You have now defeated the fire troll att the entrance of the black and white twins cave. It's time to let the twins know that they are free from the prison they have lived in for decades. Go get the twins and their servants and then get out of the cave.

Difficulty: E
Reward: 6 000 exp

Qiang looked att the last window that popped up.

'It was a chain quest? Now I have to go and save the people I just escaped from?!! And isn't it only valuated as a difficulty E quest? Isn't it supposed to be harder because there are people there who can eat me?!! Still the exp is pretty high for a E quest...'

"I accept the quest."

The quest "Take the black and white twins out of the cave" has been accepted.

He sat down and took a look at his stat window.

Character name: Qiang 
Race: Wechal Profession: none
Level: 17 Fame: 7
Title: none
Health: 250 Mana: 200
Strength: 18 Agility: 19
Stamina: 15 Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 12 Luck: 13

Skills (racial):
Creature analysis Beginner [Passive] (11/100): Analyses a creature's info such as health, mana and skills. After fighting a creature a specific amount of times you will be able to read it's movements.
Mimic Beginner (5/100):Gives you the ability to transform into any creature that you have a 80% or more knowledge about. Mana consumption: 100

Skills (other): 
One handed sword Beginner [Passive] (7/100): After swinging the sword 100 times you have gained a basic understanding of it. Gives you an additional 2,5% atk when using a one handed sword. The bonus atk will grow with 0,5% as the skill level increases until skill lvl 10 after that the growth will decrease by 0,1% every 10 skill levels until it has reached 0,1%.
Hand to hand combat Beginner [Passive] (7/100): After swinging your fist 100 times you have gained a basic understanding of it. Gives you an additional 2,5% atk when using your fist. The bonus atk will grow with 0,5% as the skill level increases until skill lvl 10 after that the growth will decrease by 0,1% every 10 skill levels until it has reached 0,1%.
Silent hall [Active] (4/500):
Makes and area of a room or a max of 10 square meters soundproof. For half an hour. As the skill levels one square meter will be added together with it holding up for one more minute by each lvl increase.

Current knowledge of other creatures:
Humans 80%
Lamoresa 30%
Fire troll 20%

Not only had he been able to get to level 17 from 5 within an hour he had also managed to level up creature analysis 1 level, mimic 4 levels,  one handed sword 2 levels, hand to hand combat 2 levels and silent hall 3 levels. He also gained some knowledge of fire trolls.

"Hmm... that is some great improvement." Qiang said out loud with a satisfied smile and took a quick look at the clock.

"Time for lunch it seems, log out."

...

Jin took of all the game gear and went to a nearby vending-machine restaurant. He went to the Cup noodle vending-machine and bought an pork noodle and after getting it filled with hot water he walked over to buy a green tea soda at the soda vending-machine. The both as a combo has always been one of his favorites. Jin then sat down and ate his lunch while he looked at a newspaper someone left behind. After two minutes a woman with a colorful hat, gray over-sized hoodie and jeans came into the restaurant and walked over to the burger vending machine.

'A total clothing mismatch. It's like she want attention, especially to her face. But I do admit that it's a little bit pretty.'

Jin thought as the woman bought a cheese burger and went over to the soda machine. She bought there a melon soda and went towards a table at the door. Sitting down she hurriedly started to gulp down the just purchased food.

'Maybe I was wrong. It seems this woman is just vulgar and stupid. Well to be fair she can be in such a extreme hurry that she don't care about what others think.'

Jin who was done eating stood up
and threw his trash into the trash can. As he walked past the woman he took a quick last look.

'Yep, her face looks great. If only she didn't act like this... Sigh...'

Back at his apartment Jin took a quick shower and went back into the game.