Chapter 13: Mystery shop

After Qiang worked his way towards the meeting place he finally gets there and he ses the player called Inter landing right in front of him.

Inter had sat on top of one of the lamp poles and once he had seen Qiang arrive he had jumped down.

"Hello, buddy!"

Inter said as he landed.

"Hello weirdo, I'm here to be your friend."

"I'm well aware of that and... Why weirdo?"

"What would you think of a guy who jumps down right in front of you?"

"I see, you've got a point there."

The two friends sent a friend request to each other and accepted. Just as they were about to leave a girl appears behind Qiang.

"Hmm.... So this is the friend you were talking about?"

"Yeah, this is... Wait a minute! Yui!! What are you doing here?!!

"Just inspecting some gas leaks that may burn me any moment now."

"You know Yui? They just might do that."

Qiang said that as he activated his thread mastery skill and bound Yuikarie by the same pole that Inter had stood on.

"Hey!! You shouldn't do this to a lady!! Let me go!!"

"You asked for it. Don't follow me next time."

Qiang and Inter started to leave the town square.

"No don't go!!! Don't leave me like this!! At least unbind me!"

Qiang let her loose and she wobbled over to the fountain and sat down.

Meanwhile Qiang and Inter had already left the square.

"Oh my god. Only that guy would do this to a girl."

Yuikarie said as she tried to make her breathing calm and even.

...

About an hour and a half later Qiang and Inter had gone around most of the town and only had the Lord's mansion left. Then they arrived they were met by Brynhild who were just about to leave on an errand.

"Oh, Qiang? Do you have anymore business here? Maybe something you didn't understand yesterday?"

"Nothing like that my lord, I'm just showing an old friend around the town. We are just about to finish."

"Oh so this young man you have with you as an companion is an old friend of yours?"

"Yes, lord."

"My name is Inter, never would I have thought that the lord and my friend Qiang knew each other."

"Well just a bit, the lord gave me a mission which is currently in progress."

"May I ask what kind of mission?"

Inter looked at Brynhild when he asked that. And Brynhild took a quick look at Qiang who behind Inter's back signaled  that he didn't want Inter to know.

"Well, that is a secret of sorts. Ask Qiang more about it if you really wanna know. I gave him that responsibility. See you in a few days Qiang."

"Sure."

Brynhild walked away, leaving them.

"Good work, Qiang! Since you've gotten a quest from the town lord it must be simething big, right? Tell me what it is."