Climb

UDID90001008-0.0.3

INTERVIEW REFERENCE: ████████-████████-1-107.4

INTERVIEW DATE: MAY 18 1995, THURSDAY

INTERVIEW LOCATION: ███████████████████

INTERVIEWER(S): ███████████████, ███,

███████████████████,

SUBJECT REFERENCE: ██████████████████.

-----BEGIN REPORT NARRATIVE TRANSCRIPT-----

Most of what I could see above me was only reachable by means of some ledges I could see, there were a lot of them, not very wide, and some weren't there at all.

They were all very different but I managed to start climbing using my hands and feet, just like dad had taught me, and eventually I got quite high up, it was scary, and I started to get frightened, but by then it was too late, it was easier to go on than to try and climb back down.

There was a dark looking hole which I thought was a cave and it was the reason I wanted to climb up to see what was inside, it seemed a good idea on the ground and I liked climbing with my dad but as I go closer I could see that the shape was different because of the shadows made by the sun.

The cliffs were made of white stone and the same red sandstone stuff, with a bit of greenery, it was very pretty and it would have been neat to photograph it but my black and white camera, even my dad's good one which I'd borrowed without his knowing, wouldn't get a good picture, so I didn't bother. It's strange but I can't remember now where those mountains were[109].

I was still a long ways below where I could see, and the cliffs still went up a heck of a long way. I still managed to climb up a lot more the layers with hand holds to help me, but now I was getting real nervous when at last I reached the cave. It must 'ave been early afternoon by now, I was hot and sweaty but at last I made the cave which was really a large crack running top to bottom at an angle, about this much [DA: gesture indicates a slit shape opening approx. 30 degrees from the vertical and approx. 6 feet long].