Chapter 38

Charcoal eyes turned burnt red. The male convulsed and warm fluid filled Savannah's stomach. When he finished, she pushed him off. He rolled onto the concrete next to her, breathless. His erection slithered back into its pouch. A sudden realization came to her. Muscles in her groin had closed the barbs on his male parts. Human female's reproductive organs didn't seem to have this feature; apparent by the torn apart human females she happened upon.

Inside a room full of lockers Savannah found a pair of black shorts, undergarments she'd never seen before, and a black t-shirt. She put on the shirt and shorts and left the strange underwear and shoes alone. Toe claws made it easier for her to scale walls and climb trees.

The male's head cocked sideways in a fixed question.

In the men's locker room, she took a pair of jeans, a guy's t-shirt and shoved them in the male's face. He tore the shirt in half. Savannah extended her right-hand claws and slapped him across the face. A small shower of blood hit a row of lockers. He hissed and bared his teeth. With a thought, she forced him to cover his lower body.

A pain gouged at her insides, claws twisting into her chest. Another male wasn't far from them. She sensed his need for help, felt his pain. In her mind, an image appeared which she couldn't quite understand. A human female, maybe? Savannah felt a sharp pain in her nether region. Her males life force drained. The visions disappeared.

They left the police station through the back exit. No human's glow showed up anywhere near them. This worried her male. His stomach rumbled. In her mind, she said, we will find food. He dropped behind her more content than before.

A wave of pain hit her, knocking her to the ground as if she'd been slammed between two large boulders. The male came to her aid. He knelt next to her and whimpered. She touched his hand to let him know all would be okay.

This energy left an ethereal connection drawing her to the injured male. Again, his pain called to her.

The two raced down an alley behind the station. Both leapt and cleared a small building. Savannah's feet sunk in the moisture of the large field. With a glance over her shoulder, she made sure the male had followed. They continued through the endless fields of grass and other plant life toward where several emergency vehicles had gathered.

Through the eyes of the injured male, she saw humans surrounding them. She smelled their stench and tasted his blood. All his senses belonged to her. From the confines of his mind, she felt her own body and willed herself to get up and move toward him. Inside him, she attempted to help him move. Straps and large chains held him down. Men stood about, talking amongst themselves.

"Get this piece of shit out of here." Someone kicked the right foot of her trapped male.

Savannah lost the feeling in her right foot and stumbled.

Firefighters crouched and took hold of the large piece of plastic they'd strapped him to. "On three. One...two...three." The men lifted.

Savannah realized she could wiggle his big toe. Her mind fused to his and she had use of all his senses, muscles, and mind. She flexed his muscles, but weakness had set in from the damage done. She stayed with him until they loaded him into the back of a large truck where several other men covered his body with a net made of steel and attached it to several hooks embedded into the floor.

"That oughta hold till the doc can get her hands on ya. You bet. She's gonna slice and dice you until there ain't nothin' left." A man spat in his face.

"We'll take it from here guys," a fully-armored man said. He carried one of the large guns which caused damage if the bullets hit their soft areas. 

Savannah telepathically told the male with her to ram the truck. They would both hit it on one side and flip it to rescue the other.

Thank you all for reading. Shit's getting real now. 

Please leave a comment and vote if you liked the chapter.