Chapter 48

Its breath coursed across Teagan's neck. Deep, thick, huffs of terror danced along her skin. Prickles from hell is what she'd call them. Her eyes stayed down as the Trill moved up and down her body, sniffing, tasting. Then it snarled, lips curled open.

One of its teeth pricked her skin. Dribbles of blood slid down her neck and chest. Quick breaths in and out slipped from her.

Don't panic. Don't run.

Warmth emanated from its Halloween mask like face.

"Please, don't kill me."

It whiffed her hair and whispered in her ear, "Why not kill you? Your people killed mine."

"Holy shit! You can talk?" Teagan opened her clenched eyes. She hadn't even realized she'd closed them.

The Trill's head snapped away until her black eyes met Teagan's. She then tilted her head to the side as if curious as to why Teagan had asked such a silly question.

"You fucking killed Allyssa you bitch. She didn't do anything to you. We didn't do anything to you."

She touched Teagan's leg, trailing dagger-like nails up her thigh.

Teagan whimpered. Her jeans ripped and lines of blood blossomed. The girl's hand slipped under Teagan's shirt. Her touch sent a shudder throughout Teagan's body. "Step the fuck off, bitch!"

Her warm, damp palm rested on Teagan's belly. She closed her eyes and swayed. "You carry one of us with you. You will die soon enough." The girl's teeth ground as she said it. She turned and looked at Teagan's mom. "But she doesn't have one within."

"Don't you dare touch her."

The girl stood.

"I swear to God I'll rip your fucking head off." Teagan focused on her mom, who struggled to sit up. Before she could blink, the girl turned and snapped her jaws.

Teagan flinched.

"We don't want to hurt you." She stood. "But, we have to eat."

"Eat a fucking cow."

"They won't sustain us."

Teagan rolled her eyes. "How do you know? Have you tried?"

"I can smell their stench from here. But she's so much sweeter." Again, she turned and sniffed the air between them and her Mom.

"Fuck you. You piece of shit."

"Relax." The blackness in her eyes disintegrated to a deep brown.

Normal human eyes?

"I'm not going to touch her." Night bled back into her eyes. "I'm going to rip her heart out and eat it in front of you."

"God ... don't."

The girl ignored Teagan's pleas and started for her Mom.

Teagan caught her by the shirt and pulled. "Leave her alone!"

With a flick of the wrist, claws swiped across Teagan's left cheek. Her head snapped to the right. Blood flung from her face. Teagan slapped her hand against the lacerations. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the girl appear down the street.

"Mom!"

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter.