Chapter 62

Savannah oversaw her males from her perch on the roof while they ransacked the house below. The owners had vacated the premises, unlike the unfortunate people in the restaurant they hit a few minutes earlier where they had caused serious damage.

A barricaded bunker of sorts below the restaurant had held several families' women and children. The determined males found a door on the outside which led to the basement. There'd been a withered old man with a shotgun who had made an attempt at a stand, blasting one of the males in the stomach several times leaving barely a blemish. His brothers made short work of the man. They'd clawed him so many times his face and skull split into multiple sections down to his jaw and flapped away like the petals of a wilted flower.

An elderly woman and a young mother gathered their children and cowered in a corner. Their teenage brother held his own with an ax for a while before two of the brood latched onto his arms and tore him in half.

When they had started their assault on the human females, she'd simply said, "No. Feed only." 

An attempt at a new way of doing things.

Her males heeded her words and feasted instead of accosting. For some reason, the ravaging of human females nauseated her. And now she knew she could stop the senseless torture.

Rotor blades whapped in the distant sky. The helicopter buzzed the next town over. She lunged across the street, landed on a parked car and sailed onto the roof of another house.

The helicopter hovered above a building. A human male descended from a rope. She twisted her head in bewilderment not understanding what the intentions of the man on the roof might be. Perhaps she would pay him a visit and ascertain the nature of his arrival before her males could get to him.

Savannah signaled for her brood to stay. The males obeyed save the largest of them; the one who looked most human. His unruly behavior had started to grate on her. With a growl and barring of teeth, she attempted to back him down. His intentions remained the same. Again, she snarled and hissed, though something inside of her wanted this male in the worst way.

An ethereal trigger in her mind pulled, leaving her libido as the only sane element in her body. Every cell in her body wanted this male. She needed him. His barbs flexed and spun sending shivers up her spine. Her thoughts beckoned him. A moment later his warm breath cascaded against the nape of her neck. A tight prickle of pleasure raced down her spine. She walked deeper into the forest behind the house, leading him with her mind.

When she could no longer see the others, she pulled up her skirt. The male followed her lead and pulled her shirt off. The cool evening hardened her nipples like daggers.

His tongue flicked out. It trailed down her neck and between her breasts. His knee pushed against her thighs, spreading them further apart. They leaned against a tree. With a grunt, he plunged deep inside of her. Chirps of pleasure escaped her as he drove himself into her. Over and over until she screamed.

After he finished, he stepped back, awaiting her orders. She motioned for him to return to the others and wait for her return. With some hesitation, he turned and lumbered back to the group.

Still, she needed to know why the lone human waited for them. She had no other explanation for why he crept along the roof of the building ahead, other than ambush. While her males stewed in the background, Savannah headed for the roof of the building to pay the mysterious human a visit.

Please comment, vote, and share with your friends if you're enjoying the story.