Chapter 56

Insects. Ants. To be exact...army ants. They trickled over her feet, between each toe, and up the back side of her ankles. Each gathered a piece of dried blood from the skin and marched back into a small hill at the foot of an enormous pine tree. Savannah used her big toe to squash a large ant against a rock; not unlike the human ants in the town below being snuffed out of existence by her brood.

In her mind came several images. Small televisions broadcasted what each of her males could see and hear. Even if it meant staving off their carnal instincts, she'd direct their attentions elsewhere and they'd comply.

Return.

Human females bled from their ruined innards. Hearts slopped to the streets and her brood acquiesced without question. The ethereal pull toward another called as whimpers from ransacked homes filled the night.

A few of the group had followed her lead and covered their lower bodies with victim's clothes. One wore a pair of white boxer shorts. Blood spatter mixed with the heart patterns mildly amused her. She smirked.

Even more so than before she had no stomach for food. And when she tasted the meat through the minds of her males, her stomach flipped.

From the pack emerged a large male. Muscles rippled against his tough, ebony skin. Dark hairs bristled from his chest and dusted his scalp. The intent in his eyes and the mass between his legs made her cringe.

He lunged for her.

A quick step to the left and she dodged his initial attack. Flesh blurred as he circled her. His python-like arms wrapped around her. She squiggled free of his right arm but not before he wrapped his left arm all the way around her, pinning her arms to her side. With his free hand, he grabbed the back of her skirt.

Savannah reared her head against his face. The male stumbled. She whipped around, baring her teeth. His nose and mouth had caved in. Blood poured from every part of his face.

She hissed. 

He cowered behind the other males. They needed to learn who led them. She wondered how many she would have to fight. Her throat opened in a shriek.

The males fell to their knees. Unable to look up, they slobbered in the dirt at her feet. She'd made her point and urged them to press forward. More towns along the coastline needed their attention. Soon they would turn inland and head back to the place of her birth. 

Please comment and vote if you liked the chapter.