The Basketball Champ

Chapter 1
"Hello class" said Mrs. Plum, oh great another boring day I thought. "Today we will determine your skills of basketball," she said. Ok maybe it's not as bad as I thought but still it's been boring ever sense the first day of school. "We will do foul shots then play a little game of two ball, got it?" "Got it Mrs. P" the class said in unison. I have this thing with basketball that every time I shoot I usually make it into the basket.

We started with foul shots just like she said we would. Haley was in line first (the all star basketball player) then my best friend Joanna then of course me and the rest of the class. It was almost my turn when I heard the door open. It was the office secretary. She talked to Mrs. P for awhile then signaled for me to come. I've never seen the secretary this close she was beautiful the kind of person who looks really inviting. I got to her when she said "September?" "Yes that's me," I said. "Good," she exclaimed with a beaming smile on her face. "I need to tell you something," she said. Oh no I thought did I get cot for popping that little kids balloon on the bus? "Anyway" she said "your mother this morning got in car wreck they don't know the circumstances but we'll pray for her, also your dad is in the office waiting for you." As I walked to the office I try to hold back the tears, but once I get to my dad I can't hold them back any longer.

As we walk out of the door to the car I blurt out "Why couldn't be anyone else?" he replies sad but calmly , "I don't know but all we can do is pray." We hop in the car. We drive in silence then I see the sign California Hospital. I ask my dad "what are we doing here?" he says we are seeing my mom of course. We walk into the smell of blood and sweat. We went to a room that said A16 he opened the door and there she was scars and bruises everywhere.

I run up to her and touch her hand that felt like it was going to shatter into a thousand pieces she says "I love you so much September, never forget who you are, and please for me keep playing basketball." Then the heart monitor got really slow as she dropped my hand and died.