Voting The Ceremony Part 2

Clarissa POV

      Getting in the house, he adjusted himself on one of the couch while I went in the kitchen to get water for him, passing it to him. I sat in front of him.

     "Thank you" he said while placing the now empty glass on the table.

     Sitting on the edge of seat, I fired the question which I was so burning to ask.

      "Alpha, I've a question"

      "Ask away" came his immediate reply.

      "Why do you let people or rogues you don't know in your pack so easily, I mean, I know, I am one of them but still isn't it risky and very dangerous to have someone just to give them a chance in your pack without even knowing a single thing about them? Doesn't your pack members protest against this?" This question was on my mind since Xavier mentioned it in one of his detailed speech.

      Alpha looked up at me from his phone, smiling a little.

     "Clarissa, do you know why our pack is so merciful and ready to accept anyone even if it involves a murderer or rogue?" He asked but as I opened my mouth to say that I asked the same thing but in different words, he stopped me by raising his hand.

      "I know you asked the same thing but still can you guess it?" I again opened my mouth to say a whole speech about them but when I actually thought of some words, it didn't formed in my mind, they are good, nice and kind people but how do I explain it as his answer. As nothing came out of my mouth, frowning, I looked down and slightly shook my head, no.

      "Its okay, I'll explain it to you" he said and leaned forward, putting his mobile away, he gave me his full concentration.

      "The first Alpha, our Great grandfather Alpha Nicholas wasn't an Alpha, meaning he wasn't an Alpha blooded, he was born in the lowest ranking family, but his rank and position didn't affected him, he stood up for what he though was wrong. And things back then weren't easy as they are now and some things are still not good enough. But back then things were more ugly than they are now. He was the one who believed in equality and liberty, but at that time, respect were only given to the elite class and this fired the inside spirit of his when he saw things taking a really bad shape, he stood up and become the leader of the abused and of the wolves whom are imposed with slavery. He stood up against an Alpha" an involuntary gasp left my mouth and I saw his lips twitching upwards, I immediately covered my mouth with both of my hands, my face clearly saw how shocked I was. He sure was crazy to go against an Alpha.

       "Not just any Alpha, the most powerful, cruel, merciless and wicked Alpha who possessed witchery. He was a slave of his pack. He challenged him in front of all the Alphas and Lunas and pack members not caring that he just signed his death papers but he was adamant to bring the change and for it he has to challenge him into a fight because as he was the most powerful Alpha he had control on all the Alphas, so if he won, about which the chances were very thin he could become the..."

      "Most powerful Alpha" I finished his sentence in a surprised but understanding manner.

      "Correct, and thus courage and bravery of his didn't got unnoticed by a particular Alpha who like Alpha Nicholas had problem with the slavery and abuse system but as he didn't forces to align with he didn't challenged him, but as Alpha Nicholas just declares war against the most powerful wolf of the world, it created a new hope in his heart and he soon approached Alpha Nicholas making a deal that he would give all he wanted but in return Alpha Nicholas would have to take over the charge of his pack as he bad no heir" he paused,  ally his while his voice seemed distant as if he was creating the scene in his mind which I was doing too.