When Dreams Shatter

Clarissa's POV

Although it was dark but because of moonlight I could see it. I was terrified at the sight as I saw Theodore's pale face soaked in bloody tears.

I raised my hand to wipe them away but his grip on my hand tightened as he murmured over and over again in pain, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..."

I was confused, scared and worried thinking off the worst as I asked shocked, "Theodore?" At the sound of my voice, his murmuring stopped and his face was out of moonlight. My werewolf abilities were not working properly ever since the incident so I couldn't see his face.

I asked again, "Theodore, is everything alright?"

There was a momentary silence before he coolly answered, "Yes."

I didn't hear anything strange or off about his voice. Was I just imagining things?

"What are you doing crouching down there?" I questioned after a pause.

"I was just... thinking about something."

He didn't sound too great either.

"Theodore?" I raised my hand and he immediately caught it, "Please come into the bed." So that I can see your face and confirm for myself whether you're fine or not.

He was quiet for a while and he didn't get up either but when I called him again, he got on the bed quietly and adjusted the blankets over me again but I quickly put my hands around him and pulled him close. As soon as his face came into sight, a relieved sigh left my lips when I found no tears and rested my head on his chest.

"I'm fine, so don't worry and you've done nothing wrong so don't apologize. Hm?" I spoke up after a period of silence to ease his worries but his back only got stiffer.

"Sleep for some time. You look tired." I urged and urged before he closed his eyelids. I kept looking at him with love and guilt wondering if I never confessed then he might still be the same invincible and powerful cold Mr. Sylvester. My love for him changed a lot of things.

Before long, I fell back asleep and the next time when I woke up, I saw him looking down at me with a soft expression and his hand tangled in my hair, massaging gently.

"Good morning."

I smiled dreamily as I sighed with half-closed eyes, "If I can see your handsome face every morning then it's bound to be good."

He kissed my forehead and I quickly snuggled close to his face, "You'll only see me for the rest of your life from now on, so you might get bored."

I quickly denied him and faced him fully awake, "I can never get bored of you."

His eyes turned black. He didn't reply to that and instead told me to wait for breakfast. Shaking my head, I got up enthusiastically and put in my request in a sweet manner, "I want to go out today."

He just gave me a blank face as his answer but I wasn't backing down. I shook his arm and requested again, "I only want to go to the yard. Please. I'm bored of this bed and this room!"

"You're not well enough to-"

"I'm very okay!" I cut him off and pushed away the blankets to get up. I heard him calling me but as I was getting off from the opposite side of his, he couldn't react that quickly so, I laughingly got off to show him that I can walk but the minute my feet touched the floor, I wobbled and my legs gave away. However, before I could fall on the hard ground, he caught me.

Horrified, I looked down at my legs and asked frightened, "Why?" I felt no strength in them to stand.

I looked at Theodore scared but he firstly put me back on the bed and then explained, "Don't worry. You're fine. You just need some time to recover. Nothing's happened to your legs." His words somewhat eased my worries but I felt strange.