An Unexpected Change

Congratulations for the correct answer.

Even though it wasn't accurate but still it gave the highlights.

In this chapter you'll learn why she wasn't able to shift, so please enjoy the chapter.

Thanks to eveyone who came up with their thoughts and maybe next time.
--------------------------------------------------------

Clarissa POV

      If I wasn't shocked before then I was full on hyperventilating now. I raked through my brain to come up with something quick and acceptable as truth or else he will have my head if he found out.

      "Your facial expressions and the shivering is telling me one thing which is hard for me to believe..." he left his sentence incomplete, my heart pounded heavily as my ears drummed, my blood pulsed loudly and I looked up in his dark purple eyes "Don't you know what mates are?"his voice buzzed loudly in the deafening silence. The cold and distant look didn't gave me any assurance and familiarity that I was looking for, hanging down my head in fear as I couldn't take his direct and painful stare staring right through my eyes, searching in my soul for answers.

       I know why it is hard for him to believe looking at my shivering and mortified reactions because we werewolves are basically grown up believing and seeking for our other halves, it is in our blood to call out for them, to be with them no matter how evil and unkind our mate is, it is our duty to change them and cherish them for the rest of our life.

      I'm glad that he didn't find out that I'm a rejected wolf because I was afraid after the words he told me that night when he showed me the tree to take out my pain on. I was scared internally that he found out but after hearing his thoughts I don't think he find out I have met my mate.

      "You do know what mates are but something is frightening you about it" I froze suddenly hearing his words. My fists clenched as my eyes shut tightly. This is the only weakness about me that I can't bring myself to tell him about, my teeth gritted against each other as I basically feared this question all this while but when he is asking me about it, I cannot even open my mouth to tell him the lie I was preparing.

      Minutes passed in silence while I sat there on the ground not looking at him breathing heavily, the grip on my fists getting harder as tears brimmed my eyes for being so weak. "Let me rephrase that question" his sudden cold tone made me come out of my self-pity as now my heart started beating wildly waiting anxiously and in fear.

      "You don't have a mate, do you?" my face became blank and my trembling stopped immediately, I don't know how to react as I blinked my eyes and stopped myself from almost cleaning my ears to check whether I have become deaf and thinking this on my own or did he seriously...