Chapter 7

It was six after supper.
I laid on the couch in the Alpha's suite. The tv was on the music channel and I had never felt more bored in my life. It had been two days since I tried running away.
I needed a hobby. I needed a job. Friends. I had one, but that was Doctor Jay. When things were busy for him, he would let me help out. I knew a lot more than expected thanks to that.

I hadn't seen Doctor Jay since Damian hit me. I hadn't seen Damian much either. He stayed in his office, and even slept there. I had heard that he was picking up on border patrols more. Probably because of me. I walked down the hallway, deciding to pay Doctor Jay a visit.
I quickly walked down until I entered his office. Doctor Jay sat alone, reading a book. He held the same expression as he noticed me.

"Hello, Alec. Or should I call you, mr runaway?" I squinted my eyes at him. He motioned for me to come in and I did so, closing the door behind myself.
"Now... what exactly did you think you would accomplish by doing that?"
"I... don't know" I said awkwardly. He stepped forward.

"You have a whole pack to lean on."
"They all hate me" I said, looking away.
"That's no mind set for a luna to have" he said. I shivered at the title "luna."
"I'm sorry" I said, feeling frustration begin to build up within me.
"You would abandon them; how are you supposed get respect like that?"
"I don't know" I shrugged. He sighed at the blank answers.

"Well now the red water pack is getting closer to the grey areas." He leaned back in his chair. "They might try to attack the patrols." The patrols.
[Damian started going on those!] Shane pointed out. I tensed a little.
"Anyway, with your little escape, Damian went insane." I looked up at him.
"What do you mean?" I asked. He sat up again.

"Well... when he couldn't find you in the suite or the hall or anywhere in the building, he alerted his scouts. They tried to calm him down to do work, but he couldn't get focused. He didn't sleep either and was so thankful for his inside rat, Lee, at Red Water. He demanded he could go on the main search party to get you. He almost got close to just shifting out of no where."

I drank in all of the information. The mate bond must have sent his wolf into pure insane mode.
"Doctor Jay!" Called the sudden voice of Jason.
"Delta Joehn has been badly injured. Alpha Damian was also hurt but I don't know how long Joehn will last."

Leon suddenly came in, Joehn hanging in his arms, seemingly unconscious. He looked terrible. I suddenly seem Damian walk in with the assistance of another soldier. Doctor Jay inspected Joehn quickly.
"Bring Joehn to the operating room." Jason nodded and quickly left. He inspected Damian fast.

"Alec, take care of Alpha Damian. Stop his bleeding and clean his wounds. He's got a gash on his back, but we can't stitch it." I nodded, the soldier placed Damian on the chair and they all left. I grabbed a damp cloth and some bandage.
I put my hand on his shoulder and to my surprise, he pulled away.
"I can fix myself, thank you very much" he said, taking the roll of bandage.

"No, you cannot" I said as I grabbed the roll from his hands.
"Now, take off your shirt" I said. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "I need to look after that wound."

He took off his shirt, and looked away. His chest was well toned. My eyes adjusted to the dim setting of the room and finally saw them on his chest. Scars. A few nicked his body here and there. He turned, showing me his back, which held a similar amount.

But it had a gash, the width of his back. I knew that we couldn't stitch it. It was to wide, but not deep enough. I grabbed a damp cloth and dabbed at it. No notion of discomfort. I placed my other hand on his shoulder in a attempt of comfort as I continued.

I finished cleaning them up and dipped the cloth in an anti-bacterial mix to kill any germs.

"This might sting a little" I said. He went tense, but nothing else. I started placing the bandage as Damian heaved with a sense of exhaustion. I wrapped it around his built torso. I walked to the front of him and taped the end piece so it wouldn't slip off.