Chapter 11

I laid on Damian's office couch. After he had attacked me, he decided to go back to work. But he didn't fool me. I could see the tent in his pants when he walked over to his desk. His scent lingered in the air a little still and I could feel my eyes stay at bay with a mild black as they lightly stared at the ceiling.

Damian's scent was intoxicating. I lazily swivelled my head to look at him. I watched the veins and muscles in his arms as they tensed and relaxed as he wrote.

I found that I would be able just to live like this. Keeping my distance, but allowing Shane to look at his mate. I sighed. I didn't want to face the rest of the pack. Ever. I placed my hand over my stomach, remembering the healing bruises. Its a wonder that they didn't do just more than beat me up a little.

A knock suddenly came to the door.
My attention was suddenly drawn to Damian, whom stretched as he stood from his chair and laid his eyes on me. He walked over and kissed my forehead, then walked to the door and opened it.
Jason walked in and didn't seem to notice me at all as he started talking to Damian.

"Alpha Taurus of the Black Stone pack is going to be here very soon" announced Jason. Damian cursed under his breath and dismissed Jason. I sat up. Alpha Taurus. Black Stone was one of the packs that lay not to far from here. Though, I never met the Alpha, I could remember a bit of their scent. They were a very strong pack, like ours.

Damian turned back to me, his eyes wondering the office and his muscles visibly tightening.
"Taurus?" I questioned. He growled slightly at the mention.
"He and his men are coming to make a proposition with us. An alliance."

He looked down at me sharply, making my heart skip a beat. "And you will be there with me." I raised my eyebrows as he led me out of the room.
"What? Why?" I asked as he walked to the suite.
"Dominance. I have a mate and he doesn't, therefore I am higher than him."

"But I'm- I'm a guy!"
"It doesn't matter" he deadpanned as he walked into the room and to the bedroom.
"How important is it?"
"Very." I felt weight on my shoulders at the words. I watched as he rummaged around my wardrobe.

"He'll be here soon. I need you to look your best." He suddenly brought out a t-shirt and studied it, then outstretched it to me, looking over the long sleeve shirt that I wore now. I felt my blood run cold for a second and panic at the thought of wearing a
t-shirt. He seemed to pick up the reaction and something flickered in his eyes.
"But I like this shirt " I protested.
"Change" he demanded. My stomach churned.

I slowly looked at the nice white
t-shirt and back at him. He raised an eyebrow when I didn't attempt to move. He stepped forward and his hands gripped my shirt and took it off of me as I let out a sound of protest, but he ignored it. He suddenly stopped once it was off, leaving me confused.

I followed his eyes, which were cast down near my waist. I realized what he was looking at and I hid my hands behind my back. He grabbed them and pulled them out in front of me and the room went tense. He was seeing them for the first time.

His eyes studied my wrists. A long and skinny scar adorned each wrist from a time when the pack was ran abusively and I was a main target. When there was a terrible alpha who broke me down for being the son of someone who didn't agree with him. I wanted to cry out not to look at them, but my voice was caught in my throat. I wanted to pull away, but something in me wouldn't let it happen.
I was frozen.

"Listen. I can explain" I heard my voice quietly croak. He looked up at me and I felt myself shatter. His eyes were filled with fear, disbelief, confusion and hurt. I shouldn't have looked at him.

I should have stared outside instead at the dark clouds that were now forming in the afternoon sky, blocking out the sun and giving the room an ominous tone. But for some reason, I suddenly didn't feel to fond of thunder storms.