Chapter 21

It had been a few days since the fight.
Almost a week.
A week since I learned Bryan had died. At the discovery, I stayed silent by Damian's side and turned away, visiting with Doctor Jay. I had mixed feelings. But above all, I was speechless. After years of harassment he was gone. I could only find comfort in Damian. I was in shock.

Now, I sat with him, on the bed in the alpha suite. His arm draped around me, holding me tight as he looked over some emails on his phone. It was about three in the afternoon. My eyes roamed around the room, studying the walls and the pictures that hung from it–mostly art– but some different pictures of people. Pack members.

The peace was broken as Damian moved his arm from me and started to get up. I watched him, slightly puzzled by the movement as he started to rustle through his closet.

He turned back to me.
"Its almost time. Put on your best clothes" he said as he pulled out a suit. I felt even more puzzled than before and sat up entirely, scooting to the edge of the bed.
"What for? Whats happening?" Damian paused and turned.
"Don't you remember?"

I felt a feeling of guilt rush over me as I couldn't recall his plans. His expression turned serious as he walked back to me. He paused, and heard a knock at the door.
"Alpha Damian" rang Joehn's voice.
"We should get going soon."

"Yes, I know. We'll be ready soon" called Damian back.
I began to feel my heart rate pick up and I racked my mind. Damian leaned over me, placing his hands on either side of me.
"Meeting. Supper. Taurus" he uttered, trying his best to prompt my memory.

I drew a blank for a moment, trying to piece it together. Then it clicked as I remembered Jason mentioning this a week ago.
"We're going to Alpha Taurus' pack" I whispered. He nodded and I sighed.

He kissed my cheek quickly and pulled back, taking off his shirt. He paused for a moment and stared down at me, shirt in hand. His eyes seemed to glow in the dark as he stood in thought, as if wondering whether to tell me something or not. He tore his stare from me and turned back to the formal dress clothes he had.

"Get ready, we don't have much time. I should have talked to you earlier about this, but I guess we'll have time in the car." I did as was told and walked over to the wardrobe, grabbing my best clothes.

My mind flashed back to last time I met Taurus. It was an awkward, entrancing feeling. His attraction towards me was puzzling and it made me slightly fearful of the night to come. I finished putting on my best dress shirt and pair of jeans. I turned to see Damian doing up his tie and then finishing off his cuffs.

He turned to me when he was finished and walked over. He slowly pulled me in for a hug, burrowing his head into the crook of my neck. I was slightly surprised but held him back.
"Something wrong?" I asked. He didn't reply, but held me tighter. I felt guilty yet again. "We should get going" I offered. He paused then pulled back slightly as I moved so I was face to face with him.

I reached up and fixed his collar. His eyes stayed pinned to me in a concentrated trance. It was odd for him to suddenly turn quiet like this. It put me on edge, but I brushed it off. I kissed him gently and it seemed to bring him back again.
"Yeh, time to go" he finally acknowledged. He led the way out of the room and out to the end of the hallway where Joehn and Jason stood waiting.

"Ready?" Asked Damian. Jason nodded. "Excellent." We walked to through the halls and stopped outside at two black cars, Damian and I climbing into the front of one while Jason and Joehn climbed into the front of the other. And then we were off, leaving the pack house behind.

I took in a deep breath. This was it. In about an hour, we'd be there. We'd be off our territory and on Taurus'. My eyes stayed pinned out the passenger side window. Fifteen minutes into the drive, I sneaked a glance at Damian. His eyes were trained to the road ahead.