Chapter 27

Chapter 27-

Emmett's POV-

"Cat, why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" I asked.

"Because it reminds me of my childhood. You know it wasn't the best one. I never celebrate my birthday anymore. It's just too sad."

"Kitty, your birthday is something we need to celebrate. You're my mate. So what do you want to do?" I asked her.

"I just want to be with you."

Simple enough I guess.

"How about we have the fight today so the party can also be for your birthday?"

She knew I wasn't going to give up. We are going to celebrate.

"Fine." She conceded.

That set all the plans into motion.

----

Catalina's POV-

I knew this was going to happen.

Emmet made me get dressed up. So I put on a red strapless dress that landed mid-thigh. I curled my hair into perfect beach like waves, and swiped on my usual amount of make-up.

Everyone was excited for the fight.... Except for me. I knew what Brad was capable of. I didn't want to be the reason my mate died. My stomach was churning in knots. I could barely hold it together let alone breathe.

"You know the lack of confidence in you mate is hurtful." Emmett said trying to cheer me up.

"It's not lack of confidence. It's knowing what Brad is capable of. I can't loose you. Please, I'd rather fight him than you. At least then I'd feel better about myself."

"That's not a bad idea. Except I don't want Brad to be near you again."

"Em, it's something that will help me. If it starts to get too dangerous you can step in. I just want my fair shots after what he d-did to me." I sniffled.

He couldn't stand to see me upset. Even if what I wanted put me in extreme danger.

"Fine. But you won't be fighting in that dress. Go take it off and get stretchy clothes on. And nothing too revealing babe. Remember, you're mine." He reluctantly agreed.

----

Get ready guys :) big action coming up

*Edited*