17. Jealousy is no myth

Harry

I threw my credit card down on the table, grabbing at my curls. "That pasta was lovely," Kendall commented, wiping the corners of her mouth as the waiter took away our dishes.

I scoffed, "who gets pasta at a fucking pizza place?"

She just laughed, "do you even know what a diet is, Harry?"

"You're on a diet?" I asked, bewildered.

"Yes, of course," she rolled her eyes.

"You can't decrease the weight of your bones."

"What do you mean?" 

"Never mind..."

The waiter came back, swiping my card in the portable debit machine. He handed me the receipt and I shoved it in my pocket, grabbing my hat from beside me. The entire dinner my mind was on Louis. He had seen me. But, how? Yes, that was the question. Why the hell was he in London, and why did he have to run into me at this moment. No doubt, he probably would've heard about this soon enough, but I would've liked a chance to warn him, and give him some proper reasons as to why I went out with Kendall Jenner.

I pulled out my phone, while Kendall raced behind me, "Harry!" I turned around, stopping as she caught up to me. She clung to me arm, which I was tempted to shrug off, but I pulled a fake smile for the cameras. They flashed as we exited the restaurant.

I lead her into my car, my 'smile' instantly disappearing from my face. This entire facade that I had to put on was annoying and frustrating. I pulled out my phone, as Kendall did the same. Only, she was probably on Vogue, while I was rushing to dial Louis. 

I rung him up, letting it ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring C'mon Louis...

"Hi, this is Louis' voice mail, if I am not picking up the phone, I probably don't like you, unless I actually can't get to the phone. But, yeah, I'll get back to you if I can or want to!"

Fuck.

"Harry, why haven't you started the car yet, the paps are coming this way."

"Shut up, Kendall."

"I don't know why you're so rude today. My manager told me that you were a nice young man."

"Yeah, well, your manager is your mom, who just wants publicity for you."

She just sank back in her seat, her cheeks flaring up, "you can take me back now."

I breathed out a relieved sigh, "oh, thank God."

I revved up the engine, pulling out onto the road. Soon enough we were driving up outside her hotel. She unbuckled her seat belt, but I kept driving around the building. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"The back door," I stated, parking along the curb.

"Oh..." she licked her lips. "Thank you for taking me out, Harry." 

She leaned over, and I stayed still. I didn't dare look at her. "Erm, bye," I said, shifting in my seat, leaning away from her.

She just groaned, getting up and grabbing her purse, descending onto the back pathway of the hotel. I let out a long breath, driving around to the parking lot and parking my car. I needed time to think, and most importantly, I needed to see Louis.

An idea struck me, I pulled out my phone, going onto Twitter and searching Louis' profile. Sure enough his newest Tweets were displayed before me.

••••

@louis_tomlinson:

anybody staying at the Sheratan this weekend? ill see ya there ;) @TinaCalder22

••••••••••

Slowly I looked up from my phone, eyeing the huge light up sign of the hotel I was currently parked in front of. Sure enough, The Sheraton was right on top of the freaking building. Oh, well this can't be good.

I got out of my car, walking to the back entrance of the hotel in which Kendall just dispersed into. I walked in the lobby, silently thanking God that no one was in the lobby. I was not in the mood for fans right now. 

I approached the lady working at the front desk, when she saw me, she looked a little flustered to be honest. "Oh, my. First Kendall Jenner, now Harry Styles," she muttered, smiling at me like a mad man. 

I nodded, chuckling a bit, "I was wondering if you could tell me if a Louis Tomlinson is staying here?"

She bit her lip, "I'm sorry, we can't give out that information."

I groaned, throwing my head back in frustration, "please? It's an emergency, I'll do anything."

She looked down to her shoes, "well," she paused. "My daughter absolutely adores you and the rest of the band."

I gave her my best smirk, "I can sign anything, a picture maybe?"

She smiled, "she'd love that, although, I'm sure she'd prefer a picture of you with her, not her mother."

"I could write her a nice letter?"

She nodded enthusiastically, "that'd be perfect!"

I smiled, grabbing a notepad and pen from her, scribbling down a few 'I Love You's' and 'How Are You?''s

I gave the woman the paper as she tucked it into her pocket. She clicked into her computer, before turning to me with a grin, "room 317."

I nodded, taking the elevator up to floor four. I stepped out, darting down the hallway, counting the numbers on the doors. Is this what Louis felt like a few nights ago? The anxious butterflies in my stomach were making me drowsy and sweaty. 

Finally, I approached room 317, knocking on the door a few times. I folded my hands below my bellybutton. I tapped my foot anxiously. If he just as much takes one glance through the peep hole as to who is at the door, he'll never open it, no matter how much I yell at him I'm sorry.

I heard footsteps on the other side of the door. "I didn't think you'd be back so early Ti-"

I faced the blue eyed boy who just stood with his mouth parted open, face paled. Faster than I could process, the door was closing. Quickly, I stuck my foot out, stopping him from shutting me out.

"Louis, please," I begged.

"Why are you here?" he scowled.

"To explain."

"There's nothing to explain, Harry."

"There's loads."

"Hm, like what?"

"I'll tell you if you'd come with me."

"Where?"

"To my flat."

____