6

It was the next day, and Eve had done a good job concealing the government papers.

"Hey Kiera! You busy?" Noah jogged up to me.

Hmm. Well I was just going to tend to the fire, make another hat out of leaves. Bash the government.

"Nah. Nothing much, why?" I questioned.

Classy, Kiera

"Awesome! Just wanted to know if you wanted to try fishing. It's actually kind of fun! I'll even teach you. And maybe you can teach me how to cook, although I might burn the fish."He says excitedly

Eh, why not?

"Sure, I'll-"

"I'll teach her Noah." Darren interrupts.

"You? Teaching me? Why? Noah is perfectly capable." I replied

"He learned from me...and I'm better." He grunted out.

"Ouch, I'm wounded Darren." Noah replied mockingly

"Evelyn probably needs your help, or company." Darren smirked

"Well dude, fine, I'll leave, I know when I'm not wanted." Noah put his hand on his heart in mock hurt, and walked to find Evelyn or Gabby.

"Noah's something, huh?" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, not a bad fisher either." Darren said, waving his hand in my direction

"Follow me to the ocean, yeah?" He directed.

I really didn't venture to the ocean that much. Our shelter had everything we needed.

We neared closer to the ocean, and Darren looked at me.

"I hope you don't mind getting a little water on you, cause the fish don't swim ashore." He flung his shirt on the ground, and began to swim.

I hesitated. Do I really want to kill a fish and be with a guy who I believe is mean shirtless?

Here goes nothing.

I grabbed my knife and walked into water, the waves pushing at my feet.

"The water doesn't bite, Kiera, come closer." Darren shouted

Wow. He used my name.

"Okay." I shouted back, going farther in.

Darren stood, eyes trained on the ground. "Just aim, and throw." He easily stabbed the fish, lifting it into the air.

Seems easy enough. And I was a fast learner.

Using my knife I stared into the water, waiting for a fish to swim towards me.

A fish came into my grasp, and I thrust my knife down.

"I caught it!" I yelled triumphantly

His eyes widened a fraction of an inch, quickly masked with a frown.