9

Waking up the next day, Eve was still sleeping. I was starting to get afraid she wasn't going to wake up tomorrow to go home.

Shaking my head, I tend to the fire as always.

I decided to go fishing again. I was not half bad, actually, and I enjoyed to know the food I ate I caught.

I got ready to fish, holding my knife in my hand. Noah was looking after Eve, Darren was getting firewood, and Gabby was staring at the fire.

"I'm going to go." I said, quietly.

Everyone was kind of shook with the Evelyn thing. I guess we thought she would wake up by know.

It's strange how someone I met a month ago means so much to me now.

I wonder what my parents would say now, seeing how the Island changed me.

If someone told me I would survive a month on an island I would have scoffed in their face.

Now? I would believe them. Even though the government is probably killing the earth as we speak(or getting ready to) I was proud of myself. Of us.

Group 5 has become way more than I thought we'd be. And I was sure we would make it out alive, together.

Walking to the ocean was serene. The waves crashed against the shore peacefully.

This would have been awesome on vacation

The sun had just risen, not yet penetrating the island with heat.

Walking towards the ocean, I gazed out.

I was sure I could capture some fish for the group. It was the least I could do for Evelyn.

God I missed her, and she wasn't even dead.

Snapping out of my trance, I heard footsteps behind me.

I spun around and sighed. It was just Gabby.

She was probably sent to help me fish.

"Hey Gabs, how about you fish to the left and I go right?" I asked smiling.

Silence. She said nothing.

"Uh, Gabby, you there?" I snapped my fingers in confusion.

"You." She spit out, laughing.

What the heck?

Has she gone mad?

"What? Well if u wanted the right just say so.." I said awkwardly.

All of a sudden she smiled and shook her head. "Nah, the left's fine, let's go."

That was weird.

Once in the ocean, Gabby came towards me again.

"You know, for a fast learner, you tend to overlook the obvious." She chuckled.

What?

"What do you mean? Gabs your kinda scaring me." I laughed nervously.

"You were the hardest to fool, I admit. But when Bill dropped his paper I knew I had to distract you. When you started to forget, I thought I had you. But when Eve and you talked, I practically heard the convo through the bands." Gabby spit out.

What? What what what?

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Ah, poor Kiera. Sent to the island by the government. Well guess what? Today's your lucky day. I'll tell you what happened. Might as well let you in." She smirked.

"Huh?" I murmured

Wait. Something was off. I know she knows about the paper and all...

"I'm apart of the government. I went on this mission to kill off the group. But it was always you! You cooked the food so I couldn't poison it! You looked through every berry! You know that fall? It was all me." She said maniacally

I gasped. "What is wrong with you? Are you psycho? Why would you do this?" I yelled.

"Well, I also poisoned you. Yet that still didn't kill you. Stupid poisons." She muttered.

I couldn't believe it. Gabby was working for the government the whole time? And she tried to kill us?

"GUYS-" I tried to yell, but Gabby slapped my face.

"Listen too me, Kiera! And stupid Eve. Hardly a good person if you ask me. I tried to kill her too, but you fixed her!" She threw her hands up in frustration.

I was getting scared. I had to find a way to get the group. Otherwise I could die and the others would too.

"Well, I think I'll be on my way.." I slowly started to walk towards land.

"Take one more step and you're toast. You know what? Die!" She shouted and charged at me.

I started to run, but the ocean was pulling against me.

At least I ran track. It was time to shine. I tried my hardest to run.

"HELP! HELP! GABBY IS A MURDER! SHE IS GOING TO KILL-" I screamed.

Well, this next parts going to be fun!

Gabby jumped onto me.

"Have fun in hell!" She shouted and pushed my head underwater.

She was trying to drown me! And after everything I actually liked her?

I struggled and tried to pull up, but she had a tight grip on me.

I could feel the lack of oxygen start to take place.

Mom, if you can hear me, I'm sorry.

Dad, forgive me.

All of a sudden, I started to feel very dizzy. Black dots graced my vision.

Is this what its like to die?

I couldn't believe I wouldn't get to see my family and friends; and my new ones on the island.

Evelyn, you were so sweet.

Noah, you helped keep the peace and made me laugh and smile.

Darren.. well.. your not too bad I guess. I can tell you're not as bad as I thought.

Closing my eyes, I began to accept my fate. It was getting harder and harder to breathe.

Goodbye, world.

But it didn't happen.

All of a sudden, the pressure was released, and I was being hauled out of the water.

Everything was hazy, and I was still dizzy.

Maybe I should just not let the water out, and die?

In the distance, I heard a guy's voice.

"Stay with me Kiera. Everything's going to be fine." It said.

The guy started to pound on my chest.

Wait. I know that voice.

Darren?!

I shot up and started coughing hysterically.

Darren stared at me wide eyed. "Oh my god! You're okay." He yelled into the air.

"Ugh...my heads pounding." I murmured.

And that my friends, is when I blacked out.

A/N-Oooh, anyone expect that?? There's one more chapter left guys!!