Wedding Night

The ceremony lasted the whole day, with a lot of bowing to the ancestors and to the King. As the married women lead her to the bridal chamber, the men stayed behind to celebrate. Her bridal courtyard was in the most eastern part of Prince Ryu's courtyard. It was a 20 minutes carriage ride to get there.

As they arrived, the whole courtyard of Prince Ryu was decorated red according to tradition. When they arrived at her bridal courtyard, it was a small and shabby courtyard that was cleaned hurriedly. Red lanterns hung sparsely and decorated haphazardly, as if it was done without care. The women talked and spoke about the uncaring way she was treated by Prince Ryu and they spoke on the shabby courtyard. Of course Princess Siri would not have won the Wasted Prince's heart, she was nothing but the Crown Prince's left over. Prince Ryu must not be happy about the union of the two to slight her so badly in front of the nobility.

The women snickered at Princess Siri's treatment. A woman's luck comes from the man she marries and yet with her luck to marry a Prince. She had the bad luck to marry the Wasted Prince. Even though they knew nothing about Princess Siri and knew her only through rumors, they relished in her misfortune and wanted to tell everyone about what they personally saw with their eyes.

They lead her to her bridal bed and after a while they all left her alone to join the celebrations at the banquet hall.

"Princess." Rose, Gilldy, and Meda came in and bowed to her. "Congratulations on your marriage."

Two other women came into the room, they were Prince Ryu's personal Nurses that helped raise him when he was just a baby. He had 'gifted' them to Siri to ensure that she was taken care properly, while she knew the two nurses were just spies to report back to him.

"Princess Siri, this servant congratulates you on this joyous occasion. This servant's name is Nurse Nancy." The old greying woman said. She had a hard look to her face as she bowed. She had light brown eyes and a slim body.

"Congratulations to your marriage, Princess Siri. This servant's name is Nurse Mi." She told Siri.

"Leave me." Siri ordered them. "This Princess would like to be alone."

"My La-Princess." Rose spoke out. Gilldy pulled her back as she glared at Rose. How dare Rose question their Lady? Their Lady is now a Princess and her words are gold. Should she asks for anything, they should bow their heads and do it without question. They were no longer part of the Chen household maids, they were part of the royal household maids. The rules were more strict here and they could lose their life should they make a mistake. Gilldy pulled her out and when the door closed she quietly and sternly lectured her for her mistake. She knew the two old nurses where there to spy on them and any mistakes would not only be their life, but their Lady's life as well.

Once alone, Siri sat in front of the large mirror that was plastered against the wall. She took the heavy headdress off and laid it on the table in front of her. She stood up and walked around the sparse room and looked over the semi cleaned room and touched each undusted corner with her fingers before rubbing off the dust. She walked into the bathing room and saw how unclean it was and shivered at the buildup on the bath tub. Her heart built up a hateful anger inside of her at Prince Ryu and his servant's disrespect. If he thought she was going to just lie down and let them bully her, they was in a rude awakening.

Tonight was her wedding night, so she wouldn't cause a problem, but she would make sure to let them know who was mistress of this courtyard and ensure that they learn!

---------

As the night fell, Siri sat on her bed to wait for her 'husband'. When he entered he saw her state of undress with her headdress and his eyes lit up entertainment. His wife does have great courage to take off her own headdress when it's tradition for the husband to do so.

He sat in the wheelchair as he stared at his wife. He waited until the door was closed before speaking.

"How do you like your courtyard?" He asked.

She smiled tightly before answering him truthfully. "I don't care for the size of the courtyard, however I do care for the state of it. It's filthy. Does your Royal Highness like to live in this kind of filth? Does your servants not know how to clean properly? Or are they just lazy?"

His eyes harden at her accusing assessment of his people as his eyes looked around the room. He hadn't noticed it before, but now that he looked around, he did see what she saw.

"What did you think the noble ladies would now talk about in their social circles? What rumors they would now say about you to ruin your reputation? They will talk about the shabby courtyard, the dirty house, the lack luster decoration of the courtyard compared to your courtyard? Your servants have failed you." She told him. "I plan to teach them a lesson tomorrow to ensure there will not be another mistake as today."

Ryu smirked and studied his wife. Yes, she is a tiger and not a mouse as he though she was. Should she be able to make his servants follow her orders, she would gain more respect from him. Maybe she would be able to do as she proposed.

Siri stood up and pulled a dagger out of her sleeve and took the outer robe off. Under the robe, she wore a short sleeve dress that showed off her arms. On her right arm, a red qi infused marking of a lily, which signifies her virginity was imprinted on her. She took her dagger and cut her skin off where the red lily was, taking away the evidence that she and Prince Ryu 'consummated' their marriage. She then took the white cloth that was placed on the bed to take the evidence of her virginity and dabbed her blood on the cloth. Afterwards she quickly put a healing ointment on her cut and wrapped it up.

Ryu was surprise at the length she would go to ensure that they hold on to the image of a real marriage. At most, he though she would just make a small cut on her finger and put it on the white cloth, but to remove the red lily seal completely, surprised him. Which in turn made him admire her more. Who exactly his this new wife of his and how far is she willing to go to ensure her life?

He took the white cloth away from her and folded it. He placed it between his shirt and his robe for safe keeping.

"Now that we come to an understanding, I must insist to spend the night here in your bedchambers." He told her.