Gift (6)

Yelona wanted to run upstairs and slap Siri's face so badly to make her stop talking. Siri's words kept making them look even more worst with every second. She wanted to rip Siri's face off, but knew that if she took one step upstairs, she would be cut down on the spot.

"Hurry along, before Second Wife gets wind that you both have made Father lose his face in public. If you confess and admit to your mistake, maybe Second Wife will not punish you as heavily as she did to me." Siri said.

Her mocking concern for her sisters made Yelona hate Siri even more! Once she marries Morgan and becomes his Princess, she'll do everything in her power to help him become King. And once she's Queen, she'll have her revenge on Siri then. Until then, she was smart enough to turn around and leave. Leaving behind Luna who froze not knowing what to do. When she heard her sister get inside the carriage, it was only then that she realize that if she didn't get inside the carriage now, she would be left behind. Luna quickly gazed up at the closed screen door lovingly and longingly before turning around and leaving.

The whole room was quiet for a second before the whole room bursted out with chatter. They all witnessed a scene involving all of the Prime Minister's daughters! It was said before that all three got along, but now they could all see that Siri, the third and legitimate daughter was bullied and neglected because she didn't have someone standing beside her to protect her, because her mother died when she was young. They talked on how Prime Minister Chen couldn't even manage his household, with the three daughters fighting and the legitimate daughter having to endure for her Father, how could he manage the government?

And Siri having to hold all her hurt and grievances inside, as to not hurt the Chen household's name, how noble and honorable she was to keep them to herself. She lived a bitter beginning, but by marrying into Prince Ryu's household, she has now won his favor and was doted on by him. Now she could live the rest of her life in sweetness to cover the bitterness she had to endure as a child.

They talked about how Yelona was out and about with her sister and one maid to attend them. How could the fiance of the Crown Prince be so reckless? Was she meeting a lover? Was she having a last fling before marrying the Crown Prince?

Rumors after rumors started passing from one person to the next. Truth mixed with lies were told and spread through the city like wildfire.

However to the two people inside the tearoom, they did not care about the going ons outside.

"Happy?" Ryu asked her as he watched her smile widen even more?

"Em." Siri said as she poured more tea into her cup before drinking it and giving it to Ryu.

"Having fun."

"Em!" Siri said as she nodded her head. "Aren't you?"

"If Wife is having fun, Husband is having fun." Ryu said. He didn't care for Yelona or Luna. The only time he thought about them was when they challenged his authority. It was only then he thought to kill them for the disrespect. However his wife took over and verbally slapped the two so badly that she cut them instead. She made mince meat out of them so badly that he could imagine seeing them bleeding as they left.

"You should also prepare me another gift, since Wife did so well." Siri said as she tilted her head to the side and smiled at him. This time the smile was mischievous.

"Why is it that Wife thinks Wife did to deserve this gift?" Ryu asked as a smile took over his lips. He couldn't help it. His wife was being too adorable at the moment.

"Wife just made Prime Minister Chen lose face. People will say that Prime Minister Chen cannot manage his own household, how could he manage his work in the government. He will be questioned and ridiculed. Soon he'll lose followers and support, it is then you can put your person in place and make him rise to the top to become the new Prime Minister. Once he's in place, you'll soon get more support, without even having to spill the blood of a single person." Siri told him as she ate the whole piece of the cookie. As she was chewing, she could see his right eyebrow twitch. "You're welcome."

Ryu scoffed and stared at his scheming wife. If she knew how to do this now, what a force she would be if she was his Queen. She would have such a strong hold in the back palace, while he have a strong hold in court. Together they would rule the kingdom and make strong, cunning, and smart children. Their children would be dragons among men.