Chapter Forty-Two: Back To School

Camryn's pov

Today's Monday. Monday as in the beginning of a new week. Monday as in the the guy that wasn't invited to the party but shows up anyways. Monday as in my least favorite day of the week.

Monday as in back to school.

I really didn't want to go to school, but it's been like a month and I'm pretty sure I have five-thousand pounds of homework and my grades have dropped by now. If not, I'll be surprised. The teachers will probably give me good grades out of sympathy and pity, which I definitely do not want.

I groaned as I tossed and turned in my bed, I was awoken by "Look At Me!" playing from my alarm clock. I'm so mature.

"Turn that off!" My mom shouted from downstairs. "It's all the way on my nightstand, that's too far!" I shouted back.

Footsteps pounded towards my bedroom door and the door burst open, as my mom in her robe and a shirtless Brian stood in my doorway.

"You're always last to wake up!" Brian said as he tugged the covers off my body. I groaned and pulled the blanket back over my head. "Five more minutes." I mumbled.

My blanket flew off my bed onto the ground as Brian turned off my alarm clock. I sat up and gave him a glare, "You're so kind." I growled.

"Chop chop! Get ready, you're gonna be late." My mom said before rushing back downstairs. Brian returned the glare I gave him and went back to his room.

I rubbed my eyes and stood up to go to my bathroom and take a shower when something caught the corner of my eye. I looked towards my window, checking if I'm not going crazy and seeing things.

I eyed my window suspiciously and walked over to it, when out of freaking thin air, Aiden's head popped up from outside the window.

He smiled sheepishly and gestured for me to open the window. I opened it and let Aiden in, him stumbling and falling on the ground.

"You alright?" I asked him worryingly as I keeled down to him. He smiled brightly and sat up. "I am now." He grinned I rolled my eyes and he leaned forward to kiss my cheek, which I though he was going to do, but instead kissed my very passionately.

We sat on the floor kissing for what seemed like forever, when suddenly my eyes widened and I pulled away. "I need to get ready!" I cried as I went to my closet and pulled out an outift.

Aiden laughed and instantly shut his mouth because I signaled to him that my mom was downstairs.

"I'll be in the bathroom getting dressed." I whispered to Aiden. He nodded as his lips twitched into a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my clothes before heading into a magical place we humans call the bathroom. Or whatever you call it, restroom, washroom, bathing room. Anyways, that's not the point.

I quickly got changed and did my hair, slipping on my shoes afterwards and finished up my basic look with a touch of foundation, mascara, contour, highlighter, filled in my eyebrows, lipgloss, you get the point.

What I'm saying is, I caked my face.

I walked out and tightened my ponytail and grabbing my bag that lie beside the door. Aiden stared at me like he was checking me out, his eyes wide.

I chuckled and looked back at me. "Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked. He cleared his throat and stood up, throwing his backpack strap over his shoulder. "Because you're the most beautiful girl in the universe." He said casually as he slipped his hand in mine.