Bonus Chapter: Barely Hanging On

*WARNING THIS CHAPTER MAY BE VERY TRIGGERING, HAS TO DO WITH SUICIDE, DEPRESSION, ETC.*

2 MONTHS LATER

Camryn's pov

"Camryn! Open this door please!" My mother shouted, her voice cracking through sobs as she banged on the bathroom door.

"Camryn!" I could hear the tears in her voice. I stared down at my wrists, blood dripping down from them and into the bathtub full of soon to be bloody water.

"Camryn!" My brother and mother cried in unison. The banging on the door continued as I sobbed, trying to get rid of the noise by covering my ears and closing my eyes shut.

My vision was beginning to go blurry, I took deep breaths, prepared and ready to enter another world, a better world.

That is, if I am going to heaven.

Nearly on the verge of passing out as I tried to keep my eyes open, the door burst open, Brian and my mother standing there.

Their blurry silhouettes rushes towards me, Brian picking up my body as if I was as light as feather, and my mother sobbing, her palms covering her mouth.

"Mom," I mumbled, holding onto my mom's shoulder as Brian hurriedly carried me, bridal style, down the stairs. "It's gonna be okay." I said in a low voice, my breath hitching in my throat as I was loosing blood.

"I promise." I whispered before blacking out.

•••

My eyes slowly fluttered open, the beeping of a monitor filling my ears. I took in the sights around me, realizing I was in a hospital bed.

I sighed softly, staring down at my wrists, which was now bandaged and cleaned up.

"Hello Ms. Fields." A nurse greeted as she entered the room"Are you feeling okay?" I gave her a look, a look that said, 'does it look like I'm okay?' And that bitch knew damn well what that look was.

"I'm gonna go call up your brother and mom, inform them that your awake." She smiled before exiting the room.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

This wasn't planned.

None of it was.

Meeting Aiden wasn't planned.

My best friend committing suicide wasn't planned.

Falling in love wasn't planned.

Dating and losing my virginity to Aiden wasn't planned.

Getting pregnant wasn't planned.

Aiden leaving me wasn't planned.

It was all so sudden. All of this, happening to me by the age of sixteen. I opened my eyes, a soft sob escaping my lips, quickly covering my mouth with my palm so my crying wouldn't be heard.

"Camryn," a soft voice said as I heard footsteps shuffle towards me. My mother wrapped her arms around me tightly.

I hugged her back, just as tight as she stroked my hair and cried. "I'm sorry mom." I whispered, tears spilling down my face.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed quietly. Brian came towards us as well, his arms around both of us with a bouquet of my favorite flowers.

Lavender roses. A symbol of love of at first sight, enchantment, and adoration.

They were the flowers Aiden gave to me they say Marilyn told the whole school that I cheated on Aiden, which I didn't by the way, and Aiden got really mad at me and yelled at me for the first time.

I remember going home, being the saddest I've ever been, realizing how horrible my life is, and how I'm a bad luck charm because somehow, all of the worse things on Earth possible always happen to me.

I remember Aiden coming over, my mom answering the door and Aiden asking to come in. My mom told him that I didn't want to see him at the moment, which was true.

He begged her to let him in. Telling her how much he loved me, how he always has. How he's in love with my every feature and every flaw. How he will always protect me and never leave me, because he's never been so in love.

I remember hearing everything, creeping by the stairs no where in sight from the door. My heart pounding and beating faster at every word that came out of his mouth.

I missed that.

I missed how my life used to be.

I burst into a fit of tears, sobbing uncontrollably into my palms as my brother and mother held me, as tight and comforting as possible.

•••

An hour passed, my brother and mother by my side through it all, and the nurse came into the room.

"Ma'am, you and you're family are fully aware that you're pregnant, correct?" She asked. We all nodded.

"We have incredible news. Believe it or not, this happens often. An expecting mother will have a failed suicide attempt, and most lose their child, or children." She sighed.

"How is that incredible news?" I asked. "I wasn't finished. You're children are still perfectly alive. They were not affected whatsoever, they are healthy and living." She smiled brightly.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, glancing at my also confused looking mom and brother.

"They?" I asked. The nurse's face softened.

"You're expecting twins! One boy and one girl!"