Chapter 3

I would love to say that Maths was my only class with Mark. Turns out it wasn't. Almost all of my classes were with him, not only that but now I was spending detention with that guy. Then later I'd have to endure a whole makeover with Kelli!
Ugh, why does life hate me so much?
It was Lunch, many people were outside: playing sports, sitting in circles, gossiping, fighting, basically like every normal school.
To my surprise Mark was already In the room, I thought he wouldn't show up at all.
Although he was leaning heavily against his arm and I think he was asleep.
I tried not to disturb him, but Karma being the bitch it is back stabbed me.
The door slammed shut with loud bang, rattling my ears and causing Miss Cleveratara to spin around and face me, her face now contorted in a bulldog expression.
I let slip a laugh, hiding it with a cough.
"You're late." She said.
I checked my watch, "Uh... By a minute or so." I replied with a shrug, heading to the back of the classroom to my regular spot, trying to avoid the now-awake Mark.
"Come to join the party?" He asked me as I sat down in the seat next to him.
When I didn't say anything he continued on, "Yeah. We are having a blast."
"T-that's nice." I stuttered, cursing myself silently.
"How come you stutter? Is it like... An actual problem?" He asked, ignoring the hisses of 'be quiet's from Miss Cleveratara.
"I... D-don't like people. And some ma-make me nervous." I replied truthfully, also cursing myself. Maybe if I ignored him he would go away.
"I'm making you nervous? Aw how cute. Don't go getting a crush on me!" He smiled.
I blushed so much at that comment, much to his surprise, "what's this? Do I detect a hint of love for me?" He asked in mock-shock.
"Don't be stupid. I would never fall for somebody like you; an uptight jock who is the biggest player in the world!" I started. Surprisingly I didn't stutter when I knew what to say.
His eyes opened wide as he put a hand on his chest, "Ouch. That actually hurt a little, oh yeah. If I had feelings." He added.
I scowled at him, about to retort something when Miss C's loud voice boomed across the classroom.
"BE QUIET!!"
I shut my mouth, looking at my hands intently and ignoring the playful smirk of Mark beside me, who was rocking on his chair.
After what seemed like forever of such and awkward silence that would make Twillight jealous, our detention was finally over, both Mark and I jumping up and bolting for the door, me winning slightly.
"Impressive, not many people can beat me." Mark noted, that was probably the kindest thing that has come out of his potty-mouth.
"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.
He hesitated, "Just checking something." Was his reply as he bounded away, leaving me in dust. Did he just let me win on purpose? What the hell, it wasn't even that big of a deal.
Guys are so weird.

I headed out the door and to my little group on the stairs, where we usually sit in lunch.
Problem was this time they weren't on the stairs, they were by the stairs, on the concrete in the shade of a tree.
Not to mention there were heaps of... Girls.
In the middle was Kelli, beloved of everyone.
"Kelli! Look! It's Danny." Said one of her friends, pointing to me.
She stopped talking and turned around, her eyes wide before she lunged at me and wrapped herself on my body in a bear hug, knocking the breath out of me.
"Danny! I was worried! Where have you been?" She pouted, letting go.
"I was in detention." I replied calmly, her face contorting into a shocked expression.
"My good boy Danny? Detention?!" She gasped.
"Yeah. I spoke up and back talked the teacher. Anyway are these your friends?" I asked, my voice cracking on the last word as I saw everybody's eyes on me.
I gulped and my hands started to get sweaty.
"Yeah! I was lonely." Kelli said, introducing me to everyone.
Honestly how am I suppose to remember about 20 peoples names in one go? I could barely figure out who she was pointing to.
"Oh yeah, also we have P.E together, so guess who can't get away from me! And guess who is getting that makeover?" She reminded me, pressing down the words.
To be honest I forgot my last class was with her, I was planning to run away. Fast.
"Oh. Hehe... I thought you forgot about that.." I stated awkwardly.
"Nonsense! Now join the group!" Kelli said, sitting me down.
I should've figured all they would talk about was guys, well guy. Mark. Duh, everyone was talking about him.
"He's so dreamy!"
"Gorgeous face. Like an angel."
"I know right? And his eyes are to die for! I want to seep right into them!"
"I swear he looked at me, I nearly fainted. So Hot."
Basically this continued on for half an hour before the bell went, finally giving my ears a rest. I swear my ears were overflowing with facts about Mark.
Gorgeous eye, hot body, abs, sporty, cool, and a total jerk.
Incase you didn't know the last input was my personal description, except I kept that to myself, getting up and heading towards the gym.